Race Age no cheets

New to Zwift age 55 what this to race in my age cat have smart trainer all seems extremely complicated to work out.
Is there a bullet point article
Any help would be very useful
Regards MARK

Races by age sometimes. In general you will have to race based on your FTP.

For a quick insight which races are online soon:

Hi Mark

You can find some age related racing but there is not a lot of them. I know ZHR has a masters race that is a lot of fun.

You can search for “age” you will find more.

Mark, you’ll find most races (if not all) are based on FTP, not age.
At 67, about the best way I can judge my performances based on age is via Zwift Power results, sorted by age groups.
Just perform your FTP test and enter the appropriate category. I know I’ve raced against some young (55) guys in my classification and can give some of them a run for their money. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Guys thanks for the positive feed back. But a do worry about age, I can only talk about my situation but I do think it’s an issue for many. I did my first race on Friday 11th kiss race Pacific AM (E) and basically it was FTP race 297 watts fo 31km and only combing 26th at age 55 I am not going to get any faster so if the race was , Masters specific events I would be a Masters F born 1960 -1964 . If a was in this type of race the result would be totally excepted, and I would ALWAYS have a chance of Winning, after all just taking part is not what a am looking for
This was Zwift Response
The forums are a great place to get more community support for an idea and attention from the dev team. The more attention an idea gets, the more likely it’ll get implemented into Zwift. You may find many members have the same thoughts and ideas as you!
Regards Mark

1 Like

You should try the age based masters races. Those are a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Hi Guys I feel there is a real need for age reared races, pretty sure there are enough of use by now ,Masters specific events I would be a Masters F born 1960 -1964 . If a was in this type of race the result would be totally excepted, and I would ALWAYS have a chance of Winning, after all just taking part is not what a am looking for
Regards Mark

2 Likes

There are some good options suggested here.