Questions about 12-week FTP Training Program

Reiterating Pete GameCock question here:

Should you be retesting and (hopefully) increasing your FTP throughout this 10-12 week workout?    Or is it designed to to do the entire 10-12 weeks with your initial baseline FTP?

**This could change the results of the workout quite a bit for a beginner who’s FTP could move quiet a bit during the course of the program.

If the workout is designed to increase intensity during the latter half of the program relative to the initial FTP then re-testing and raising your FTP throughout the program would potentially be overkill.  **

Any ideas?

It’s been 2 years since I asked and I have done the FTP plans several times since then, usually with a significant improvement in FTP. I retest every 2-3 weeks when I feel good and rested and let Zwift auto-increase the FTP. I also sneak in a race on open days and it tends to cause the FTP to bump occasionally. It has never gone up too high to complete the FTP builder work-outs.

Ah great and thanks for coming back on this Pete!   I’ll do similar then and try to retest occasionally throughout the program.