Preventing automatic upload of pictures to Strava

Hi James - I’m not sure I understand your suggestion - You’re suggesting disabling Zwift in the partner settings, or disabling specifically photo upload from Zwift? Definitely we would want the ride details to go to Strava from Zwift, just not the random photo in this case - I don’t see a setting that enables that in Strava unless I’m missing it.

1 Like

Hey Aaron - in Strava if you turn off the partner integration it stops Zwift from adding any additional details to your ride. The map and all ride metrics will still show in Strava, it just stops apps like Zwift, Wahoo, Xert, etc. from posting additional content…pictures, banners, etc.

In the app (I haven’t done it on the desktop version but assume you can)…go to settings, scroll down and choose Partner Integrations, there you’ll see a list of all apps you’ve synced with Strava. Disable Zwift and your rides will still post, just no photos.

2 Likes

Oh that’s interesting, I wasn’t sure what was considered “enhanced content”, and was worried something like power, or speed measurements might be. Maybe I’ll turn off that setting in Strava and see if I notice anything missing outside of the image… I mean it would be much better if the dev team implemented the setting to never auto-upload the image in Zwift itself on iPad, as they do on other platforms, and also the ability to remove the auto-created photo from the end-of-ride screen if they are not interesting - I find I actually don’t mind one in every 6 or 7 photos so I do keep a few of them on Strava now and again.

1 Like

Great advice. I’ve been looking for months for the “bug” why my pictures from Zwift are not uploaded to Strava. Finally with your advice I was able to fix it. MANY THANKS!

Zwift is actually pretty naughty. I have local storage permissions revoked on my phone and don’t want any images saved to my phone or strava. Yes Zwift ignores the permission and does it anyway.

Hello, how do I opt out of Zwift screenshots and them appearing on Strava? Wherever possible I’m reducing it down to one but never have the option of 0.

Really I’d prefer to have an opt in / out to have them at all (I’d opt out for every ride).

Is it possible to opt out?

Thanks.

If there’s no way of stopping them going to strava, it only takes a couple of clicks to delete them from strava, just an option

Set image Uploading to never.

3 Likes

Thanks @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

1 Like