Power pedals issues, I think

Hi, new to zwift etc… I’ve got a spin bike (jtx cyclo 6) but I’ve bought and fitted the assioma uno pedals to it. I’ve done a few rides but getting odd behavior with my wattage. I first noticed that I was getting inconsistent wattage even though my cadence and resistance remained the same, and in many instances if I increased my cadence my watts would drop?? I don’t think I’m getting connection drop outs i.e as a test on the connection screen for zwift (where you pair devices) I have it pair my pedals for power and cadence, from there if turn my pedals over sat 50rpm wattage would be 100 but fluctuate +/-20 watts, and then I double my candence and watts dropped? I’m just finding the wattage really erratic which is taking the fun out of it. Any ideas?

Ps connected to a samsung tablet, but will try another device tomorrow

Hi @Joe_Gregory

Welcome to the forum.

You can use zwiftalizer.com to check for dropouts.

My thinking is with the spin bike you will need more power to get the wheel up to speed but once it is spinning you only need to overcome the friction. Try increasing the friction.

1 Like

Thanks for replying @Gerrie_Delport_ODZ really appreciate it. I’ll look at that, it’s but from looking at my strava and zwift power graph it doesn’t drop to 0 of I’m say at 170 watts it will fluctuate between 170-120 constantly so looks very up and down. I guess what I was expecting it the resistance and cadence to remain the same, the wattage would +/- a few. So based on what you said is it,s the weight of the flywheen spinning that’s effectively decreasing my power to pedal, which is why if I increased my cadence the wattage decreases?

Cheers
Joe

Sorry just to add another test… So set cadence at 75 and resistance to a level to hit 180 watts and it holds fairly steady, then up cadence to 90 and my watts dropped to 140, I increase resistance and then watts go 200+. Assume it’s not normal, as cadence increase at a give resistance should = more watts?

Are you in Erg mode?

Hi, no not on erg mode

Hi Joe, how are you getting on with this setup?

I have the same spin bike and have been considering picking up the Assioma pedals.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Setting it to read average 3 seconds will even it out some as opposed to real time which is erratic for everyone. This would be in Zwift settings, and if you ever use the pedals with a head unit, you’d set it in the head unit to read avg 3s

Hi Liam, I sold them in the end and got bought a wattbike atom which is 100 times better experience. The wattage using the pedles was just not good enough as things like ones the flywheel gathers momentum wattage drops so you are forever adjusting the resistance which just got so annoying. In my view, if you want to get into zwift get a smart trainers for a road bike or get a smart bike like wattbike at
Atom as you wont be left disappointed.

1 Like

Thanks Joe, I appreciate the response!