Power inconsistency - so frustrated

I’m getting so ridiculously frustrated with Zwift.  I have a power trainer (Tacx Bushido Smart) and a power meter (Stages Cycling).

I’ve attempted to use both synced to Zwift and have the exact same issue with both.

One time I’ll get on and ride and I can barely break 200w.  Other times, I can easily hold 300w.  

I’ll be in my 53/16 doing 90 cadence with a 200BPM heart rate and it shows me doing 160w.  Yet I put my bike on the road or on a non-powered trainer and the same gearing, same cadence shows me putting out 340w.  

I’ll hit a 5% grade on the course and I have to be in my lowest possible gear and can’t get past 60 RPM.  I’m certainly not that weak.

My kid has the exact same setup and experiences the exact same problems.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

I had a look at your account, and it looks like you’re connecting via ANT+, so the likely culprit here is ANT+ dropouts. We’ve written an article going through troubleshooting steps for eliminating those, so read through that and give those a try.

You may also want to try calibrating your devices to make sure they’re set accurately.

If none of those troubleshooting steps work, open a support ticket with us, and we’ll see if we can figure out more from your logs.