Please reinstate the Crit City Crit races

Does ZP show the weight the person raced with (assuming the change weight in the middle of the race exploit no longer exists), or the current weight at the time the event was uploaded to ZP from Zwift ?

It shows their last updated weight on Zwift. You cannot change your weight mid event.

What’s involved in “putting on a… race” with Zwift anyway. Filing some paperwork, it gets setup and that’s that?

yes pretty much. You contact zwift events team with your idea which they will review and give you an event or not.

Format and time slot probably being the most important so the public calendar is not too populated with similar events. Then most events will repeat each week which organisers through clubs have access to update course/distance etc.

I think they’d be a pretty good turn-out for Crit City races. Although they’d been present for a long time, they always got a good level of entries. Apart from the natural summer reduction in numbers, they still seemed as popular as ever when they were running.

2 Likes

I’m happy to turn one of the evening UK KISS races to a Crit City race each week; we have Sunday 1900; Tuesday 1900 or Thursday 2000 if that helps. Let me know which one is best…

Edit:
Tuesday clashes with Zwift Racing League
Thursday clashes with WTRL
I’ll start this Sunday…

3 Likes

14-16 laps @S_ticky_KRT Thanks

@Bath_Salts what day suits?

2 Likes

you pick , i will ride it. i am not the OP on this one.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could get the lunch time 12:20 & 13:20 races back on the calendar if there is an offer to return them for winter?

8-10 laps - Alternate Downtown\Dolphin across the lunchtime (UK) timeframe.

Crit City - Category Enforcement

A/C one direction
B/D other direction

Actually I forgot about our Monday (1900 UK) event; I can also run that on Crit City if there is a demand.

3 Likes

Not sure if that is a reply to me @S_ticky_KRT but weekday lunchtime is the priority over evenings etc

@Lee_H Someone upthread asked for a UK evenings slot; we don’t have any weekday lunchtime events.

1 Like

Electric spirit run a short crit style but not always on crit city daily at 12.15 that could be of interest.

Yeah im aware - They are slightly to short which kicks up the intensity to match a Crit city race which seemed to hit the sweet spot. Plus, they change course, the regularity of the same course same time when people are time crunched is a big draw - You know what you are getting every time. Different race distances on different courses give to many variables. Thats great when you are not time crunched.

Its strange, they were always popular - 50/60+ plus riders for a lunch time, lots of people have asked here, facebook, Reddit for their return, they met a need\want for users but Zwift being Zwift have buried their head in the sand and dug their heels in.

Edit to add - The race dynamic is predictable for Crit City - Different courses mean it can break up early and then spend half the race chasing or out of the front group and the intensity drops.

3 Likes

That would be great if possible. Thanks

1 Like

I’ve always been open for organisers to run their own events & am scheduling Crit City races for Gordon currently. I’ve mentioned this more than once, including to you.

We have our own strategy for our monthly racing series and are more than happy for community organisers to fill in the gaps.

I offered to run those exact races to get them back on the Calendar multiple times. We even went as far as putting the official request in and it was rejected by “Zwift Hq”.

I think based on the above, your wording could have been been phrased better as the community tried to fill that gap but got knocked back by zwift and you were part of those discussions so were aware I offered to run those events previously when they were removed from the schedule.

Il say it again, I am happy to run those lunch time crits to get them back on the Calendar, that puts the ball in Zwifts court to support and follow that through.

Crit City events at 12 and 9pm UK time on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App

3 Likes

Really disappointing choice of crit races has moved to be so limited. Options are plentiful for endurance, climbing, and group rides, don’t understand why crit races have been made so infrequent.

1 Like