Please add android tv support

I have an Xiaomi Mi Box S, it should be capable of running Zwift, I’m not a apple guy so no planning on buying an apple TV for this, please add support, if I need a more powerful android tv box, its OK.

Knowing there are tons of Android TV already in TVs around the world this will benefit zwift as they will get way more subscriptions.

Thanks!

I have a Xiaomi Mi Box S, and just going by how it appears to perform when using it, I do not think it is at all powerful enough to run Zwift.

Some benchmark numbers that I could find for the Mi Box S:
Antutu 6: 32854
Geekbench 4: 605/1324 (single/multi core)

As a comparison, the Snapdragon 660 in my Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 runs Zwift very well:
Antutu: 133 334
Geekbench 4: 1612/5871 (single/multi core)

Any news? Can Zwift run on an Android TV, such as a 2020 Sony?

1 Like

nope. nothing yet.

They can actually run it but you need a certain set top box which is actually phone that carries 4K graphics a high enough resolution graphics card an game chip , there’s a lot of cheap ones from China in Au that can do this but it needs to have the internals of a Samsung galaxy 10 note … etc yes let’s talk tech… smart TVs aren’t smart enough you need to invest in a APPLE TV… etc or any of these here’s a link try a cheap one make sure the graphics are 4K that it can run zwift on its android platform an make sure its a 2020/2019 model so it has the capability to … a lot of devices are capable it’s the person needing to use there capable mind to find it
I hope zwift can fix up for my android modeled Samsung tab A which has the same graphics card etc an components as Samsung galaxy A50

But they haven’t put the codes in an etc todo so… but maybe a short cheap fix to this is goin I’m eBay an looking for a smart tv android box… it’s basically a phone that concepts straight to hdmi they’re pretty cheap an the competitive cheek from China :cn: :jp: japan etc is pretty good stuff

You do not “need” to do 4k, 1080 works as well and most decent 4k TVs upscale pretty well, but those are the $1k model, not the cheap $500 no name 4k TVs. My Samsung S8 worked fine to run Zwift from the USB C to HDMI adapter i had originally bought.

Would absolutely love to see this implemented, currently running a laptop and about to add another Android TV to the collection. This would polish off the pain cave so nicely!!

Just to add, the Fire TV Cube has very, very similar specs to Apple TV and you cannot sideload.

So it must surely just be the fact that Zwift have not signed it to load on the device / platform

@Gerrie_Delport_ODZ ^spam

@Dave_ZPCMR

Then Flag it… LOL

1 Like

I did! :wink:

1 Like

I deleted the spammer and blocked them.

3 Likes

I would also love to run Zwift on my Mi Box S (or really, any Android TV device).
Having to move my laptop, charger, power cord and HDMI cable from my office to my trainer and connecting everything is a hassle I could do without. I just want to get on the bike and ride, without spending 10 min moving everything around.

If it’s a matter of UI that’s not ready for remote-operated devices, don’t officially support it. But at least allowing sideloading would let tech-savvy people get it to work.

I was gobsmacked Zwift didn’t have an Android TV app when I joined 3 years ago, and still am. I have a couple of Sony Android TV’s and this would go a long, long way to ease frustrations. In fact, I let my sub lapse recently and haven’t yet renewed due to this very issue.

The vast majority of Sony Bravia’s these days upscale everything to 4k as a matter of course. Anything with an X chip is more than capable of running Zwift and some of those models date back to 2015.

Got any OpenGL benchmarks for it?

Hint: you won’t find any, because it’s an image processor and not a GPU.

Let’s see how the GPU in a Sony X900H compares to that in the Apple TV, which runs Zwift at its lowest graphics tier and 30fps. Graphics Card Comparison - Head 2 Head spoiler alert; very badly

2 Likes

Well.

That’s a bugger then isn’t it. lol.

Everyday is a school day.

1 Like

While you’re here then. AMD or Nvidia for PC? Mid-range, two cards running 7 monitors, 3 for gaming. :smiley:

For Zwift? Nvidia every time. AMD GPUs work, but on Windows they run Zwift really poorly because on PC it uses OpenGL for which AMD’s drivers are pants. It can be overcome with brute force but it’s wasted money.

1 Like

Nice one thanks. Yeah, ran two AMD5700XT’s for a few years. Nothing but trouble with the drivers across the board.

1 Like