Pay per user is ridiculous

Why exactly ist it ridiculous? Because its digital and as we all know everything digital does not involve work or hosting costs at all? Just don’t use it then…it’s not an essential part of life. It‘s a luxury service and not an expensive one compared to similar ones.

It’s entitlement everywhere today…

1 Like

Read the thread to find out.

So are many (most - maybe all) digital services that have such discounts. Netflix, Spotify, Sky TV for example.

1 Like

Because some companies do it, every company has to do it?

Reading the original poster message all I can see is entitlement. It’s not like Zwift was hiding the fact. And because they were not able to comprehend the terms they are now entitled to a 50 % discount? While single people have to pay 100%?

What is the logic behind that? It’s just me me me…without a thought for the company and their business model.

Nobody forces anyone here to use Zwift, you could just go to TrainerRoad and use the familiy plan over there…oh wait, they didn’t get the memo.

4 Likes

Or suffferfest, or xert or training peaks etc

Your position is (to paraphrase) “it’s a luxury so pay for everyone at the same rate”. I was simply highlighting that being a luxury doesn’t preclude them from offering multiuser discounts.

You say it’s “entitlement”, but that’s not what it is. It’s a request - a plea even - to make Zwift more affordable for multiuser households.

“Single people” have to pay 100% sure. So? A “single person” getting in a taxi pays the same $20 fare as a family of 4 using the same taxi for the same trip. Are you saying the family should pay $80 in taxi fares?

1 Like

Not the best comparison. Try travel by train, plane, … See how far you get :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a bad example, because a cab has a capacity of 4. And the service is to be driven from a to b for up to 4 people.

Zwifts Service is 15$ one person for one month ride all you want.

What you are saying is, if a family needs 2 cabs because they are more then 4 people, they should only pay for one cab for the drive from a to be because they are a family.

And in the form it was stated by the original poster it is entitlement. There was no kind asking, just outrage that a company would charge per user.

So I get it, it would be nice to save money. But in this case we are talking about 7,5$. I don’t know how many of the people who can afford the equipment to ride on Zwift, don’t waste 7,5$ somewhere. I sure do, so as long as i order food or visit a bar I am not gonna complain about 7,5$. Either Zwift is worth 15$ to me or not.

And yes, there will be some cases, who don’t waste 7,5$ and who have it tough and have the equipment to ride on Zwift. I have no clue how to handle those edge cases.

Zwift has a much larger capacity. Especially when not everyone wants to ride at the same time. O_o

3 Likes

Ah, you are that kind of Person :wink:

Nice to see we still have the same trolls going around.
I can afford the price it costs, so I pay it, but I do understand some may have financial struggles…

…especially during this current crisis hitting us all.

Seriously, if you just want to troll and act like a d i c k h e a d, you may aswell leave the forum. Some people have financial struggles, others have medical struggles.

We all face issues and if you are just here to take the piss out of other and just be fine because anyway we are all anonymous on Internet, you should reconsider your way of thinking.

PS : To those that find it funny, check up the word Karma on the dictionary, because that could well happen to you, and be sure that if anything happens to you, no one will be willing to help you out if you have acted in such a disgusting way.

I’ll add this is a general comment to simply never troll or make fun of someone else circumstances whatever they are!

1 Like

What sort of person? Please explain.

The kind of person who would answer with:

Zwift has a much larger capacity. Especially when not everyone wants to ride at the same time. O_o

:slight_smile:

Oh, someone who states facts. OK, yeah.

1 Like

zwift pricing hasn’t changed since I joined (Nov 2018) and probably never will.
why should they change it?

If you have the cash and are willing to pay: Happy zwifting.
If not, got to RGT or ride outside or do what you want.
It’s easy as that.

1 Like

That’s not at all what he stated his position to be. It’s one thing to ask a company such as
Zwift to offer a family discount. It is something else to manipulate, misrepresent other’s positions, and/or continue to badger when a company chooses not to provide the discount you seek. While I would agree that a family plan would be a nice offering for Zwift to provide, the reality is that they have built and continue to hold the vast majority of the market share without offering such a discount. We, as consumers, have choices. We may leave Zwift and take our business to a competitor. We could even, gulp, develop and build our own platform to compete directly against Zwift. However, what is not cool, is to continue to whine because Zwift (who is a a privately owned company free to operate however they see fit) does not operate they way we think they should. What is particularly not cool is misrepresenting what others have said and manipulatively mis-stating what someone else’s position is (you even added quotation marks which makes the deception even worse).

3 Likes

No, those are to show that it’s a paraphrase. I’ve edited to clarify that.

That’s not what quotation marks are for :slight_smile:

1 Like

I accept your judgement. In my experience it’s a common approach, but I should have also explicitly noted it was a paraphrase (now corrected).

(I’ve also seen the opposite, where someone uses quotation marks but explicitly notes that it’s a direct quotation to avoid any assumption of a paraphrase. i.e. You said, and I quote, “blah bobble wobble bling.” Clearly that’s redundant if entirely signified by the use of speech marks. Blame my teachers. ;))

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder about the state of the world, and then I see all the comments on a virtual bike forum about how if I have not personally witnessed something first-hand with my own eyes (or witnessed, but ignored because of perceptual bias), it cannot possibly be a real thing even if somebody else tells me so, let alone if I had to try to figure out other people don’t have the same experiences I do on my own and it explains quite well why things are the way they are.

Anywho. I suppose if you tried to account for convenience and affordability and value for users in an unequal world, and sustainability for Zwift as a capitalist endeavor, and common trends in the industry, family plans might be a good option to offer to offset cost. Maybe you could get creative, and charge per trainer ID so that households sharing one might get off a little cheaper?

That’s literally all anyone on the thread (including the OP!) is asking for. :rofl:

As far as I recall, nobody demanded it should be free, that it’s too expensive as a standalone product, or even that it should be cheaper. Those are all straw man arguments introduced by others.

Said I was out anyway, sorry for jumping on your post. :+1: