Pack Dynamics 3.0 Update [October 2021]

@Daren
Just coming back to your steering being activated despite you not enabling it. I’m curious: what happens when you do the following?

• Start riding with the Sterzo Smart (SS) paired and with the steering icon showing in RH column.
  • Select Menu => Pairing => Unselect SS unit in steering => Return to game.
    Does the steering icon disappear from the RH column and is your avatar now behaving like other non-steerers in PD 3.0?

This worked for me when wanting to stop steering mid-ride but I’m running Zwift on an iPad and all connections via Bluetooth only.

I’ll try and remember to check next time I’m riding. But if I’ve started with Coco I can’t bring up the pairing screen without losing the group. :rofl:

Last time, I waited on the pairing start screen, noticed the steering wheel icon go blue and then unpaired it before starting to ride.

Doesn’t work on kickr-bike. Still have the wheel and weird behaviour, just without the possibility of steering. This is only via BT (but that’s my setup).

4 Likes

In BT on the Kickr Bike there is no way to work around the glitch. I had to go to ANT+ which doesn’t have steering capability at all to get consistent PD3.0 behavior.

3 Likes

I do the same, I have a Garmin ant+ USB adapter connected to my Mac. I have kickr bike and find steering implementation in Zwift to be useless. Using Ant+ means I don’t have to keep disabling it.

Also don’t trust the resistance using Bluetooth.

It is the 100-rider thing, yes, but has only been presenting like that since the PD3.0 release. It is nauseating if you’re not toward the front of the bunch.

Sorry - this is obviously not a 9yo! It’s logged in as my son and when I log out it comes back on as him. Need to clear the cookies…

Keep seeing quite noticeable drifting on my rides, both in and out of events. It’s as though my bike is pointing to the peak at the front of the draft, if that makes sense. So if I was off to the side, behind 10 others, my bike would be pointing every so slightly to the lead rider of those 10. It’s a bit distracting.

I don’t have steering in way, shape or form btw.

1 Like