Hey everyone, we wanted to inform you about developments with Pack Dynamics 3.0. We’ve been testing it for the past couple months under specific scenarios (group rides, races, group workouts, run, steering-enabled, etc) and are pleased with how development is coming along.
We’re onto the next, broader phase. Today, we enabled PD 3.0 for an entire map. The next time you ride in London, you may observe changes from the “classic” pack dynamics. If you’ve been curious about how work is coming along, we invite you to start with a fresh login, then hop over to London and ride with a group.
Please make sure you’re on the latest game version.
- What do you notice when you’re in the middle of the bunch?
- How does your avatar move when it bumps up against the ones in front of and next to you?
- What happens when you’re coming up fast on a slower group?
- How about if you’re slowly approaching a slower group?
- If you have a steering-capable trainer - what does it feel like when you steer side to side? Corollary - if you see someone else weaving side to side - is there a steering wheel icon next to their player name that indicates they’re steering-enabled?
If you see any bizarre avatar movements or something that feels buggy - please report it in this thread. If you’re capturing frame grabs or better yet - game video - please include that here, and let us know:
- What OS platform you’re using
- Which steering device, if any. Note: some events have steering disabled by default.
- If you’re in an event - please check my.zwift.com after it’s over and give us the URL for the specific event you did.