Organize my garage

I don’t think it would be a lot of programming effort to give every Zwifter the opportunity to sort the garage themselves (if there´s a bike change or so) and, if necessary, to sort it out. - Is there anything new in the matter, since the discussion has been going on for quite a long time @shooj?

2 Likes

I too find it difficult to find things in the gsrage. It would be nice to have the ability to sort things like, bikes, wheels, jetseys,…

And to also show some level of usage or drops earned with that item.

My wish is to sort asending and desrnding by:
Name
Primary Color
Date Aquired
Drop Earned
Hours Use

2 Likes

Total agree. At home we muck out our garages. Only at Zwift it’s impossible

1 Like

Everyone only uses 1% of their zwift garage but always have to scroll through 99% of things across multiple item menus that they aren’t interested in.

Existing suggestions include archiving unused jerseys/bikes/wheels/etc so that only wanted options appear in the scrolling list. This would still require multiple menus to change full kit.

Other suggestions include having a favourite list of combinations which could include bike/wheels/jersey/etc for specific disciplines such as TT, climbing, flat/rolling, gravel. This would be the best improvement because users would be able to change multiple items with one click.

I’d love to see lots of support for this so it makes it to the Super Common Feature Requests thread, please vote it up if you agree, add a comment after you vote it up and also vote the other posts for similar features.

2 Likes

Often times i have a look or profile that i want . and i find myself spending longer than i want configuring my avitar.

I would like to have the abiliy to create favorite groupings of configerations such as…

Name: My racing group:
Tron bike (color = yellow)
Helmet = aero
Kit = Zwift Yellow

Name; Zwift beginner:
Bike: zwift carbon - orange
Wheels: zwift basic
Kit jersey : zwift badic
Helmate: none

Name: DIRT profile
Bike; Canyon arro
Wheels: Zipp 404
Kit: Dirt
Helmate: basic

The profile would include socks, shoes, glasses… All the stuff one could personlize their look.

I would like to give each a cutom name and the ability to create, edit and delete any of my gear groupings

2 Likes

@shooj anything new on the matter?

1 Like

Different sorting options would also mean increased programming effort for Zwift. I would like to be able to clean out the garage myself, that would be clear by itself. I ride 80% Tron, 10% Gravel bike, 10% TT bike.

1 Like

I agree it would be nice to have a delete button to just delete old stuff. If I need it later I will just get it with all the Drops that I don’t use.

2 Likes

Same for me. I miss a delete first button for bikes and wheels. Please for kits, caps, socks as well.

We need a garage, and then a closet. I keep the stuff I use frequently in a different place than I keep all the other stuff.

A top level garage for commonly used stuff, and the rest located under a ‘three dot’ More category.

Although in my case for kit it would be Closet and Rubbermaid Tub. (Who keeps their kit in their garage, honestly?)

1 Like

Oh so close to what I was looking online for :joy:

I believe what we’re looking for is a storage shed for the stuff we don’t EVER use. My frickin’ garage looks like a Continental Team shop. With the ensuing organization challenges…

1 Like

Surely only a crazy man indeed!

Insanity. Do you keep your bikes in your closet? (Honestly, that’s not a bad idea. Keep the bikes nice and warm.)

2 Likes

The save/load of Avatars is a very common feature for most video games. @shooj

Zwift can you please add this feature as it would be a big time saver for many users who ride and race in different teams and across many activities.

Here are some user requirements:

• five save/load slots for Avatars
  • fields are: avatar name, date created, icon that represents the avatar (image snapshot)
  • feature: one of the avatars can be set as the current default
  • what is configurable - ideally all items are associated with an avatar:
    MVP: kit/jersey, bike, wheels
    Secondary: head features (head, helmet, glasses, etc.), socks, shoes, other
  • is selected/saved/loaded from the current garage screen

Having worked on such a feature set for video games this is really not very hard - some UI work, a save/load mechanism, a small data structure that holds 5 slots x15+ attributes associated with each user (a couple of bytes)

4 Likes

Would really like the ability to remove items from my garage. I’d pay drops to do it! Zwift, maybe you can have 1-800-GOT-JUNK sponsor this and collect some ad revenue :joy:!

1 Like

Same here, would really like to bin or sell excess bikes and kit. A good extra option would also be if you could set up a secondary bike before an event. Did a double bike swap on the ToW stage 4 in the jungle, and it cost me several precious seconds trying to find the proper bike. I imagined the irl equivalent where a Pro Teams team car is replaced by a truck and the mechanic would need to rummage through a rider’s complete bike collection before doing a bike swap :laughing:

3 Likes

When will Zwift enable garage organization?

3 Likes

Would like to see a drop Garage where you could set up pre-defined combinations of wheels & frames plus helmets, shoes, socks etc. So a climbing bike, TT bike, gravel bike, race event bike etc. So frustrating having to mess about with the current set up, just want to pick a bike up and go.

Have seen a couple of threads similar to this, just being a bit more specific here:

How I would envision it? When you sign up you get one bike and can modify it as you can now. When you get to level10 you get access to your Bike Shed where you can build 3 bikes with a combination of frame, wheels, and optionally helmet, socks etc. You can name them e.g. Climbing Bike.

To add a concept of n+1 each 10 levels, so level 20, 30 etc you unlock a new bike combination, upto say a maximum of 12 bikes.

Obviously would only have access to what you have purchased via drops which you would likely have more of as you go up the levels, hence the n+1.

No pre-defined combination has any advantage over it being built from scratch.I’d also possibly limit or restrict availability in race events.

Would be a nice addition to the Garage functionality.

2 Likes

If we could only manually re-order the garage, e.g. drag my Venge to position 1, drag the Moots to #2, etc, that would still be a significant improvement over the status quo.

1 Like