One leg efforts using a one-sided power meter

I was checking out the 12 week winter workout plan and noticed that day 3 mentions alternating one leg efforts. I’m using a Stages power meter which is a non-drive side meter and will calculate power based on the left leg. So I was wondering if Zwift will estimate virtual power based on the right leg for these types of efforts when using these types of one-sided meters? Thank you.

Hi Dennis.  Unfortunately with single sided powermeters the left/right leg drills might not be able to be completed properly.  You’re welcome to at least give it a try, but you’ll probably have to at least put in 10watts on the metered leg to keep the workout progressing as 0 watts will pause everything.  If that doesn’t work I’d just skip the drills completely and move to the next block in the workout for now.  TAB key will skip a block, or the blue “SKIP” button on Zwift Mobile Link for IOS or Android.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that would be the case. I’ll probably try a different workout plan or create my own custom one since skipping those efforts would break the intended development design of the workout.

Too bad Zwift cannot have a combination of a power meter plus a classic trainer so that I can take advantage of the virtual power for my right leg in times such as this.

You can copy that workout, then edit and replace those segments with something else… maybe some cadence work or something?