Notifications for upcoming race series?

Hmm, curious how Zwift Hacks surfaces them then, I just found @Jesper_ZwiftHacks to tag here so maybe he can provide more insight as to how he surfaces them?

A smaller subset of existing events are grouped into series such as TdZ Stage 1, TdZ Stage 2 etc. My guess is that it is only something used for select events to make it easier to maintain them internally at ZHQ, but as said it is just a guess. It is not done by tagging the events but is a separate data field/attribute. Some events have that series attribute but most do not. See the ‘Series’ filters at Events to see which ones exist currently.

Just for clarity, ZwiftHacks basically have the same data as used by ZCA - except for person identifying data. I just present it differently.

To tie other events into series without ZHQ involvement (which I personally think would not be the best use of their time) and possibly event present upcoming series even before the first events appear in the calender, it would require building some extra data structures, the tools to maintain them, and of course that someone supplies the necessary data, e.g. how to identify by title, tags in the description, or other parameters which events belongs to which series.

I am not opposed to showing the information at ZwiftHacks but I do not have the time needed to build and maintain the tools to let people provide and maintain the necessary data, not to mention monitor and moderating the submissions to avoid problems with spam…

Something which would be easy to implement would be to look for specific tags/text patterns in the description text. It is already possible to filter by #tag at ZwiftHacks, and there is even a brandnew feature where you get a (fast loading) page with just those events having a specific tag in the description, e.g. Events

The issue with tags in the description text is that they very easily become noise to the human eye so it may not be the best way to do it.

1 Like

Thanks for your input Jesper!
The possibility to use tags is interesting, if we could publicise among the main event organisers that using a hashtag such as #series would get those events pulled through to Zwift Hacks under series view this would be interesting, this still relies on an individual to supply the correct information however most organisers running a series will be thinking about how to best promote their series so this could be part of their promotional tools.

Hey everyone, I put something like this together, I’ve got more information on this topic: List of Upcoming Events/Race Series

1 Like