Not drafting (or even seeing close the gap message)

I have done quite a few races and I’m not seeing close the gap message (nor I think gaining the drafting boost) for about a week. I’m not riding a TT bike - and now wondering is there a setting which has accidentally turned it off. Thoughts welcome

Unless something changed, it does sound like you are riding the TT bike since that is the only one that does not get any drafting benefit. There is no setting to turn drafting off, if you find one let me know.

Post a pic of the ingame bike you are using.

1 Like

The recent Norseman races were no drafting but allowed you to use any bike you wanted. It wasnt that was it?

Hey there David! I checked your account details and it looks like you were riding the Zwift TT bike on your last few rides. If you switch over to another bike, such as the Zwift Carbon for example, then you’ll be able to start drafting again. :slight_smile:

D’oh… don’t remember switching to TT bike… (sorry all)… Thanks - might explain so of the trouble I’ve been having keeping with the groups… (or maybe not :slight_smile: )

I’m having the same problem. Didn’t think I was on a TT bike. Had to avg over 200 watts on the last group ride when others were at 150

Hi @Ryan_Haley

Welcome to the forum,

Was that the Twenty20 ride? Weight and lenght of the rider play a roll even on a “flat” road. So taller heavier riders will have to put out more watts.

also if you are in the draft you can save some power.