Close the Gap

I know this has been asked for before, (Nov '17) but maybe, now, really is the time to get rid of the “Close the Gap” notification, or to have the ability to switch it off.

Today, during a group ride, the notice flashed on and off for no apparent reason for what seemed like ages, even though I was in the middle of a group of 20 other Zwifters. Total annoyance.

It really serves no purpose whatsoever.
So please, please, please Zwift, fix some of the requests we ask for. Perhaps starting with this nice easy one.

Totally agree. So many ways to handle this:

• Option to hide it seems simple enough, or for heavens sake make it smaller
  • Show distance to next rider in the riders list (not the inaccurate time diff); possibly change name color or add symbol (like the bolt) in rider list if you are getting a draft from them or if others getting a draft from you.
  • Show a small meter (certainly no bigger than the power up icon, such as another ring around the power up, that illustrates the current draft benefit. I believe zwift treats draft as a binary condition? Hopefully wrong on that, but my point is, anyone who rides in RL knows knows drafting has a lot of factors, distance, size of group/rider, etc.

I’d love to see the dev team’s sprint backlog. Must be huge! :grinning:

2 Likes

I have contacted Zwift for several years to adress this VERY annoying Close the gap message. If I ride an easy 2 hours ride, it pops up a 100 times. We know that drafting is an advantage. We should have the possibillity to switch that message off. Every time I write to Zwift, they only say that thanx for the suggestion, and then doesnt do anytning about it. They update the game every month with all kinds of other stuff, but NOT the close the gap crap message

1 Like

Ride a TT bike, that’ll stop it

I know about that. I have been on zwift for many years. But I avoid races, only do custom workouts, the I dont have too see that message. I cant race on a tt bike

I am confused. You say you ‘only do custom workouts’ and ‘I can’t race on a TT bike’. Which are you doing: only custom workouts, or racing? If you are truly only doing workouts then go for the TT bike and the message will go away (and really won’t make any difference in your workouts).

1 Like

Thanks Nige, I too can’t work out what the issue is with using a TT bike for workouts.