I am new to Zwift and trying to get it to work. I am finding it is not controlling resistance or making any changes at all to resistance on my trainer with grade or ERG mode. I’m a software engineer and have gone through every conceivable test and read the forums and can’t find a solution. I need help !
Here’s the details of my setup:
- PC running Win10, fresh install and not much else on the computer.
- Zwift version 1.0.58982
- Android companion app version 3.19.1 (should be the latest, was just installed)
- Located in Colorado, USA. Great internet connection at the bike setup
- Trainer is a Wahoo Kickr Snap
- Connecting to trainer, HRM, and Cadence via ANT+ dongle. Though I get the exact same results when connected through BT via the Companion App
I’ve confirmed the Kickr works fine as I can run a profile with my Garmin Edge 530 controlling the Kickr and it changes resistance with grade as expected. Resistance also works properly with the Wahoo app on my Android phone.
As noted above, when in a free ride or group ride I get no resistance changes when the road grade changes. When running a workout, ERG mode is supposedly on but it is not doing anything. As I change cadence or bike gear, the power output changes commensurate with my changes, there is no resistance change to hold the power as ERG mode should do. If I stop pedaling, Zwift will notify that it is temporarily suspending ERG mode as it should to avoid the dreaded death spiral, but in reality nothing changes on the trainer. When I spin back up, Zwift advises it’s restarting ERG mode, but nothing changes.
If change the Incline in the Companion App during a workout I feel no change though the App shows that I’m changing it.
I get the same behavior whether the Companion App is involved or not. Also whether connected via ANT+ (with or without Companion running) or via BT through the Companion.
I tried to attach images to show the configuration and operation but the forum would not let me. I’ve dropped them in Google Drive but it would not let me include a URL so I’ve written out the start here ( drive dot google dot com/drive/folders/1ZGHuPXJZQDMmAFq4HNHI53_KGP90d5CE?usp=sharing ) that hopefully you can see. The images include:
- My pairing via ANT+
- My Settings
- A capture of starting a Workout showing ERG is on
- A capture of the screen in a workout where you can see the power is well below target, yet ERG is not doing anything on the trainer like one would expect to bring the wattage up with the slower pedalling, yet ERG is still engaged at 143 watts
- A screen capture of the Android Companion showing ERG On
As a side question, I can’t find any way to talk with anyone at Zwift for support. Is there Zwift support or is the only support through the forums?
Thanks for any help you can offer !!!