No draft in middle of the blob (and yes I'm aware you are not supposed to feel it)

Today I joined REVO’s Social SUB2 ride on The Greater London Flat, and though it was announced as a 1,5 - 2,0 W/kg paced ride, I needed to deliver 2.6 W/kg on average during the first 10 minutes just to keep up (shortly after which I gave up). What surprised me though was that many were enthousiastic about how the race was paced, after a bit of a false start.

I am a newbie to Zwift, and this was only my second group ride. Everything looked allright from the start in my eyes (I had the same outfit as everybody else), until I noticed after some time that when I dropped a bit behind there was never a “Close the gap!”-message.

So i went into Strava and found another rider who had joined the ride, and I did a comparison of our (speed and) power outputs over the first 10 minutes:

So were he was doing 115 W on average, I was doing 205!

In W/kg he was delivering 1,64 vs 2,56 for me, where I should have been doing less than him (on a flat course the relation between speed and power/mass is far from linear, as it is on steep climbs).

So it really looks like I didn’t experience any draft during the ride. This isn’t some setting, right? I have trainer difficulty on max, but that should be unrelated as far I understand.

Were You by chance using the Zwift TT bike or other Tri/TT bike in game?

Were you on the a TT bike? You get no draft benefit when on TT bikes.

No TT bike (total newbie)

What bike do you ride in zwift?

Oops… Assumed TT bikes were the glowing ones (total newbie) :blush:

Thread solved, thanks and sorry.

No problem. These things happen.

Let us know if you have any questions.