New Kinetic Smart Trainer and Zwift Speeds

So I just got my new Kinetic Road Machine Smart 2 Trainer all set up with Zwift installed today. Calibrated the Kinetic on the Kinetic app after a 20 min warm up workout. Then I logged onto Zwift to try it out. After I got going, it was showing my speeds at a ridiculous amount. Like 35-46 MPH when I know I am only going at the most 15 MPH. I have a Specialized Crossroads I bought 5 years ago that’s still in showroom shape with 700 45c tires. For some reason I cannot calibrate Zwift to the size of tires I have as well. What am I doing wrong? I cant seem to find anything online that can help me out.

I don’t think you need tire size for a smart trainer.
If you pair as a classic trainer, the games thinks each revolution of your resistance unit is a revolution of a bike wheel so you go super fast.
Make sure you pair as “Power source” and controllable trainer.

That’s my guess.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Made sure the “Power Source” was on and that made all the difference in the world. I now can ride along and it seems a little more realistic and I am not passing people going nearly highway speeds. Now I just need to get my butt used to riding again… was able to ride yesterday for a good half hour but today I could only stand the seat for about 15 min. I just gotta ride a little each day and get acclimated.