New Courses

This will be my second winter riding on zwift and I have thoroughly enjoyed the service more than any other trainer based options I have tried, but wish there were more options for riding in different places.  Richmond and London are boring AF after riding it several months.  Watopia at least has interesting mixes of terrain and visuals to stimulate the mind while indoors.  I am looking into other options to make my winter experience a bit more versatile, Fulgaz and kino is up for testing this year.

Since my latest post in this topic a lot has changed with Zwift. Watopia now offers hilly to an extent as well as flat rides. London also has perhaps an even greater flat route for when I wish.

Furthermore there’s been a massive change in the number of concurrent cyclists.

This to me makes me feel a bit two-sided on what I’d appreciate more. One thing is certain, I do feel that the current maps have become too crowded. The rotation may best go. Introduce the option for the cyclist to select ingame which map he or she wants to ride.

As for further routes, I’m a bit more inclined to say keep building on what’s already there before introducing actual new regions of land. I think for most certainly Watopia there’s still a lot that can be done there. But also London has quite a nice atmosphere to it in my opinion and I wouldn’t mind to see it further expanded.

Richmond I’m not too fond off. It’s pretty plain, and I’m not sure whether expanding on it will make it any better. I’m not sure what real life Richmond truly has to offer. And as far as it comes to a city ride, it simply loses to London in terms of appeal. As such, I’d have no problem with Richmond just becoming an option course for those who want to ride it, but beyond that have it remain as is.

Watopia is far and away the best for me. I’m probably in the minority, but Richmond is in (a very distant) 2nd place. I like the hills at the end. As far as London - hate is probably too strong a word, but I always go to a workout, instead of just riding, when it’s a London day. I could easily do without ever seeing the London route again.

Same here, will not ride London, boring, I never know where I am, it is just no fun.

At this point, I think Zwift does need to allow us to choose between (Watopia, London, and Richmond).  I know you can do it via a hack, but you usually ride mostly alone when you do.

With just one of three available at a time, I find that it almost too crowded to enjoy at this point.  If you could choose one of the three, that would probably spreads things out somewhat, but I am sure the majority will still choose Watopia.

Personally, I enjoy riding indoors less and less, and try to come up with alternatives to ride outside during the winter.  To that end, really enjoying my new cyclocross bike.

As a new user to zwift, I had wrongly lead myself to believe

1. That there were a myriad of courses including sections of famous tours
  2. that you could choose these as you wish.

Personally, I would easily give a couple more bucks a month to allow swift to build more courses.

Nik,

To be fair 1. I don’t believe that was ever said anywhere!
2. Being able to select what course you want is fair enough.