My First road bike!

Hi all,

i’ve been using Zwift since december and i must say that’s strongly addicted…lol

“unfortunately”, i’be been using a cheap MTB and i must say that’s really difficult to produce a lot of watts on a flat road. Basically, i think there’s a lot of disadvantages to use Zwift with a MTB vs road bike because of the gearing, etc…

But today i’ll receive my first road bike. Ok, it’s a cheap one (Decathlon Triban RC120) just to start but i’m pretty excited to see how it will work outside and on Zwift.

I hope to increase my performances both IRL and virtually. See you all on Watopia. Ride on!

:wink:

The Triban bikes are excellent value for money. It’ll be great on Zwift, and it’ll be a good bike for the road too.

1 Like

Very good bike to start your cycling experience on Zwift and IRL. :+1:

1 Like

I’v tried it yesterday evening and i must admit i’m really satisfied! I feel like i’m flying compare to my 14 kg MTB. I broke a PR on a segment without even trying.
I’m not used to the position on the bike and it feels a little bit weird to me mainly when i need to stop / use the brakes so i’ll take it easy until i’m really use to it. Tomorrow, i will check again that the bike is well configured for my size / height and learn to handle the “beast” :wink:

Just a quick question about HT: on my MTB i have a training tyre and, for now, i have no other wheel for my road bike. Do you think i can use the bike as it is on the HT without “destroying” it (tyre, frame, etc…)? The goal would be to do just one HT session a week for 90-120mn max.

Triban bikes are the way to go.
My biggest regret is getting a RC500 instead of a RC520… Little did I realise that 9 speed isn’t great compared to 11 speed

1 Like

Yep. I wanted a RC500 or RC520 but considering I’ve never used a road bike I thought a RC120 would be enough to start. If things go well, I’ll sell it in 12 months or something and buy a “real” one.
I only have 2x8 speeds but for where a live (near Paris, France) it will be enough ( I hope).

1 Like

Ah mais un français!
That’s fine for Paris surely.

However, if you ever need a RC500, hit me up. I live near Toulon so it’s far but never know :wink:
I am really looking everywhere for a cheap 11 speed bike for my trainer but I can’t find anything…

You can, but the trainer will cause wear on the tire and may give it a “polished” look smoothing out any tread. Regular inspections of the tire is recommended before taking it outside.

1 Like

@me_and_me ok, c’est noté ! :wink:
@Mike_Rowe1 ok thank you. I’ll try and see how it goes.

1 Like