More MTB trails, please!

Repack Ridge is great, especially with the Sterzo. But it’s only one trail, and not very long at that. Could you please let us know if you are working on more for the near future? More trails of different styles would be good for those of us that invested in the Sterzo. I could see something like Titan’s Grove, but as a singletrack that could be done in both directions… so big mounds and undulations over a longer distance than RR.
Having the Sterzo adds another level of interaction (I tried it with the cell phone on the handlebar and it’s so much better with the Sterzo).

So, my feature requests…
1: More MTB trails
2: Timed sections like on Alpe du Zwift so you see how you’re doing compared to your previous ride through, so you can see if you’re improving on those short steep climbs instead of just the overall course.
3: Cleared sections (NICE LINE) removes some seconds and troubled sections (A BIT ROUGH) adds seconds to your overall time.
4: A dirt section that parallels Titan’s Grove on the way back to the start of Repack Ridge that makes for easier loop ride.
5: If not 4, then allow a left turn onto RR to have a more fluid loop.

This morning I rode RR 4 times and it really is a good workout and it’s as close to mountain biking as I could’ve imagined, riding in my living room. But now… I WANT MORE TRAILS! :crazy_face:

yup, desperate for more MTB content.

Personally i am not fussed about steering, i just want to pretend i am riding off road!

They could create some great trails across Watopia!

4 Likes

Voted and would love to see more MTB only and off-road running trails.

3 Likes

I just subscribed. Zwift is nice for the rainy day, but as a mountain biker I would like to see more MTB trails too. And MTB specific routes that consist of as many unpaved paths as possible. Maybe it’s an idea to automatically show the MTB routes if your avatar is an MTB?

4 Likes

I’d love them too. But most times I ride Repack Ridge I am the only one on the trail. It’s not popular for whatever reason.

1 Like

It is very likely the enforced steering requirement. Still have to try it on my new phone, but my old phone running Companion was very binary in turning. I’d just pop fully left or right. So I just gave up.

I’d love some MTB sim routes with some short punchy climbs - but without steering enforced.

1 Like

My phone was ok with the steering but I’ve bought Elite Sterzo Smart anyway which is inexpensive and gives great steering experience.

2 Likes

also keen to get more mtb routes.

3 Likes

Love Zwift but they’re clearly not bothered about MTB routes, Makuri Island Kapper Quest is great fun and there appears to be trails crossing alot of France and watopia routes but can’t be used, it’s been like this for years. Steering isn’t important, the more frequent terrain changes and steep climbs like a real trail are the important thing.

2 Likes

I love MTB IRL but I don’t understand the fascination of MTB in Zwift, it’s nothing like the real thing, I don’t think the dynamics of MTB translate well to a static trainer and a screen.
MTB is more about handling skills, the feel for the terrain and the risks rather than just power output and FTPs. Zwift offers none of that.
As a game Zwift is more an on-rails shooter rather than a true open world.
FWIW I’ve tried it with my Sterzo and it doesn’t help.

1 Like

Hi there, is there any way to get on Repack Ridge MTB route immediately without annoying pedaling for 3+ km before it each time? Are there still no other MTB routes?? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You’re right about what MTB is, balance, off road, skills etc etc.

The trails in Makuri Island are good as the gradient frequently changes, some more of those would be great, as I’m a huge fan of tough off road climbs and more frequent gradient changes feels like it mimics that a bit closer.

Im not expecting red bull rampage courses or crazy drop offs.

2 Likes

Where can I find it, please?

1 Like

whilst i agree that Zwift does road riding better than off road, i would still like to ‘fool’ my brain into thinking i am off road whilst on zwift. Short punchy climbs, riding through a forest, etc etc would suit me better than pounding the tarmac. But thats a personal thing, as MTB is my passion.

I will continue to use Zwift, as i find it a great tool, but it would be nice if the MTB community was also catered for.

Oh and i am not even bothered about steering, just change the tarmac for mud :smiley:

3 Likes

Hiya,.Makuri island is in the normal rotation or use Zwift preferences, or create a meetup if you can’t wait. The routes are Kapper Quest and Kapper quest reverse. Nice scenery and undulating climbs on trails.

1 Like

What he said :rofl::point_up:

1 Like

Oh, by MTB you mean riding fire trails through a forest? That’s just Gravel bikes :wink:

3 Likes

I also do not mind riding on pavement with an MTB avatar (the way I do now in real life).

1 Like

Lots more MTB trails and avatars please!

3 Likes