Minimap magnification changes on its own

Riding in Makuri, I have been noticing that the minimap sometimes displays a very small area (magnification turned way up) without changing anything, and then eventually returns back to normal. Not being able to see where you are on the map just makes the world even more confusing (and of course I can’t tell if it happens in the same places if I never even know where I am).

So, today I noticed that the same thing happens on the NYC map as well, as you approach Harlem Hill (did 2 laps and same thing happened on both laps).

Baseline:

Getting closer:

Next to 110th Street:

Getting further away again:

I would expect the magnification level to stay constant regardless of where I am on the map. I’m wondering if there is some scaling going on as you approach the edge of the map or something like that.

Bumping this since this is still very much a thing, even more so to the point of complete unusability in much the latest Makuri update, and this hasn’t even reached the pit of oblivion known as Known issues.

I see absolutely no reason why the minimap scale should change at all while riding, except when the user clicks on the map to toggle between the three alternatives.

1 Like

When riding in Urukazi map today, the map zoom levels were incorrect. The “max zoom out” view (i.e. the top-down map view that shows as much of the map as possible) was incorrectly replaced by a super-zoomed in map that showed your avatar’s position and only about 2m surroudning it.

This was consistent/persistent throughout the ride. It persisted through several “cycles” through the different map views. I was in Urukazi so unknown if related to that map or other worlds affected.

I am on an ipad Pro, latest iPadOS version, latest Zwift version (updated yesterday and checked for updates today before ride):