Marathon Training Program

I have just completed the Zwift 13.1 running program and would like to continue up to the full marathon. There was a 2 part Los Angeles Marathon training plan on Zwift a few months ago, which I think part 2 was following on from reaching the half distance. Would Zwift be able to add the workout back on to the list (Maybe just call it the 13.1 to 26.2 plan rather than for a particular event )
It would also be a nice feature that if you missed a workout out or a week due to work commitments that you would be able to redo a week/workout before moving on rather than losing them.
I have found the workouts online but would take forever to input them via custom workouts.

Yes. All of this.

1 Like

It is even more annoying that they continue to advertise this as available at Zwift Training Plans | Zwift

I contacted support and they suggested I set up my own runs using the data at https://whatsonzwift.com/workouts/la-marathon-phase1/ - I’m not sure manually recreating 70 runs (just for part 1) and doing my own reminders etc without all the gamification would exactly count as “serious training made fun”.

I was going to cc: the VP of Running, but it turns out they eliminated the position earlier this year. Zwift Lays Off Employees in Move to Focus on Developing New Hardware | DC Rainmaker so this doesn’t look great for support for Running.

Haaa, I’m doing the phase 1 plan right now. I create the workouts with WCE. Copy the workout data from whatsonzwift.com into an .xls file. Then some creative excel munching, and finally copy into WCE. Takes about 10 minutes to create the next 4 workouts. So not so big a pain. And now have total control of when I do the workouts as an added plus.
How To: Create Running Workouts in Zwift | Zwift Insider

1 Like

I applaud your tenacity, but the joys of running would be diminished if I was required to even go near a spreadsheet.
My issue is that cyclists already have the tools to build custom workouts, it’s not like we runners are asking for something that has yet to be coded from ground zero.

Not bashing, huge Zwift fan, only looking to see some improvements for long runners.

I voted and agree with all said here. What’s most frustrating to me is that the marathon workouts already exist in the Zwift ecosystem, but the workouts are not available. So I reached out to what’s on Zwift dot com to see if I could get the .zwo files. They can’t because of trademark make them available. Next I reached out to Zwift Support, see below:

Can you make the LA Marathon training program available for runners again? If not in game, can you at least make the .zwo files available for download? We need some longer run workouts. If it is a branding issue, just rename it something generic so we can access them again. It is a shame those workouts are wasted, inaccessible for us. I really don’t want or have the expertise to recreate them. Please help.

Zwift Support response…

Hi Dean

Thank you for reaching out to us.
We’re sorry about the delay - we’ve been working around the clock to catch up with the abrupt global increase for indoor training.We are happy to help you.

Thank you for the feedback!

*I’ve passed it on to the dev team, but we also encourage you to share your thoughts on the (they provided links but I had to remove them because I don’t have that level of permission in this Forum)

The forums are a great place to get more community support for an idea and gain attention from our dev team. The more attention an idea receives, the more likely it’ll get implemented into Zwift. You may find many members have the same thoughts and ideas as you!

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Ride On.

Just passing along this update, like you hoping for some support from the developers on this.

I concur with all previous posts: Zwift needs a full marathon training program. I will finish the 3 Run, 13.1 plan with a half marathon on April 17. I would love to be able to begin training on Zwift for a full marathon scheduled for Oct. 10.

2 Likes

I answered in another thread.

Hi Milan, can you share the link to your answer in another thread, I’m following this thread with hopes of progress.

1 Like

You can also find some free training plans, but I have not idea if you can upload it to Zwift (I am only riding on Zwift, running outdoors).

1 Like

Zwift had a marathon training program for the LA marathon which was 2 parts the first being the 13.2 program then 2nd part for the higher distance, which they removed after the race. We are asking if they can put it on permantly, which after all this time doesnt look as though they are interested in doing. So your link is not really the answer :grin:

I answered to Ken Shea, in another thread.
Dean asked me to share the link, I did it.

Yes, it is not an answer to your first posting, it is just a possibility - without typing workouts and manually see and follow the plan.

I also agree. Loving the half plan