Custom workouts on Zwift Run

I read this article about creating custom workouts on Zwift Run.

The problem is, when I go into Zwift Run to create a workout, I cannot see any ‘Create a New Workout’ button. I see it with the cycling version of Zwift but not under running.

Am I missing anything or is it currently not possible to create Zwift Run custom workouts via Zwift?

I know I can do it with the likes of TrainingPeaks but I have a free TP account and, as a result, can only do a single workout at a time and that doesn’t get saved for me to repeat in the future.

My thanks to anyone who can and does help.

Hey Kit,

That support article is currently wrong. There is no way to create a custom running workout in game right now. The only way is to either download a .ZWO workout file in to your "Documents/Zwift/Workouts/(user number), or to use training peaks.

Thanks very much for the info Stephen.

That’s disappointing. Hopefully the Zwift bigwigs will sort it out soon. Zwift Run is already something of a poor relation as far as workouts are concerned. It would be great to be able to do custom workouts without having to use third party software.

Without meaning to be a complete pain, can I ask how one goes about creating a ZWO file to copy and paste into the appropriate folder? Please forgive my ignorance.

Also, while I’m thinking about such things, is it possible to recreate an outdoors run as a Zwift Run workout? I mean, can I take a GPX file from a run (aka ‘walk’ to anyone else) I’ve done and somehow convert that into a ZWO file?

I apologise again as my ‘Ludditery’ is showing.

Hi,
I’m wondering why I can’t select my custom workout in Zwift. I copied the .ZWO file into Documents\Zwift\Workouts[UserID] but the workout isn’t available in Zwift. I cannot see it.

No clue what’s going wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.