Making Event Only Routes Available On Meetup

Hi Zwift,
would it be possible to allow event only routes to be used when creating a meetup. I’m working my way slowly towards completing all available routes within zwift and notice that some of the event only routes are rarely if ever used. I would be eternally grateful if this feature was implemented as it would be a shame not to complete them all due to access being barred.

@Simon_Stacey1 I believe you can. When I was doing research on the route badges, creating your own meet up to not only ride on the maps that were not available that day, but also to ride event only routes was recommended. All you would need to do, is create a meetup in the Companion app and set up the details for your ride, then off you go.

My understanding is that there aren’t any badges awarded for the event-only routes.

2 Likes

Nigel is correct there are no badges for Event only routes.

Which is true, you can’t select an event only-route when creating a meetup. You have to attend the event to get credit.

1 Like

whoopsie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Zwift_Beats, that’s the point i’m making, there are some event only routes that are never used as far as i can see rendering them impossible to access.

Thanks for the reply Nigel. I know there are no route achievement badges, it’s just i’m a bit of a statto when it comes to things like riding every available route, Rebel Routes included :skull_and_crossbones: Think it must be a gamer thing, want to be able to say completed it mate :smiley:

I just ride an event which had ‘magnificient 8’ route and event last 1h and route was 40,5km. I thought to continue after the ride will end. When the event ended (after 35km) zwift show me about 20km left that route. I was a little bit surpriced how it can be that much left, but desided to continue. After 20km zwift show text ‘completed’ in the same place where the kilometres left was before. No badge anyway. Then I checked that I do not have any completed badge which is stated as ‘event only’. Do I need to allow it somehow or is this some bug?

Most event-only routes do not have a badge. The two that do are Handful of Gravel and Neokyo Crit Course.

Regardless of there being a badge or not, it would be great to be able to do a workout on any and all courses in Zwift. We could do pre-race recons or just simply explore routes we’ve only rarely seen. I’d love to be able to run the Bologna course, or do an cycling interval session on crit city whenever I choose to. You’ve got my vote!