Make iPad & AppleTV UI consistent: “Join your friend?” vs. “Join another Zwifter?”

I saw brief mention of not being able to use the “ride with” function with the new home screen UI.

However, on AppleTV (which is still on the old UI), the “Ride With” section of the home screen is empty and reads “No one you follow is Zwifting.” This differs from my iPad where the list is labeled “Join another Zwifter?” and is fully populated.

Am I missing a setting on the ATV somewhere or is this a UI inconsistency?

NOTE: Pace Partners (if they exist in a selected world) do show up as an option.

I would say this is a UI inconsistency. The TV OS UI only offers the option of joining friends or Pace Partners, while iOS/iPadOS (and, presumably, Windows/MacOS) also add the options of pros and just other general Zwifters. I’m not sure why this inconsistency exists, but it does.

1 Like

It would seem there’s some “consistent inconsistency” - for example, the lack of a “mute home screen music” button on AppleTV versus the one on iPad, or the option in settings on PC/Mac.

Hi @Otto_Destruct

If I had to guess, I’d say this is a UI inconsistency, but if so I can’t explain why that would be the case.

I’ve reached out to a higher technical authority on the team in order to ascertain with a greater level of certainty whether what you’ve reported is an issue that needs to be corrected or if it’s just Zwift essentially working as designed or intended. I’ll let you know when I have more info.

1 Like

Hi @Otto_Destruct

I heard back from the team and from what I was told, it seems that this is just the way that Zwift works based on some limitations (albeit longstanding ones). While it was not explained to me why such limitations exist, my gut instinct was that your post would be more suitable for a Feature Request as opposed to being a true bugs and support matter.

That being said, I’ll see what can be done about getting the thread moved to the Feature Requests section of the Forums. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @Steven_D ! I’ve edited the title slightly & tried to change the thread location - I’m hoping it stuck and it exists in the feature request section. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome @Otto_Destruct ! I gave your post an upvote BTW. :slight_smile:

1 Like