Macbook Pro M1 “high” detail profile wrong?

I have a new MAcbook Pro with the M1 Silicon. This runs 1440p and Zwift offers the “high” detail profile.

The problem is that I am not sure it is actually getting the “high” profile - Zwiftalizer says it is in the log file, but there are no rider/bike shadows - and I know these should be present from Medium upwards.

Is this a known issue and will it be fixed?
Chris

curious as well

I can confirm rider shadows were previously present on my M1 MBP. This is a new bug introduced by the 1440p bug fix, in the January update (in turn fixing a bug from the December update). Did try various config settings but unable to manually reactivate proper shadowing.

One can only hope the devs have already rolled the fix into the upcoming update; otherwise, anybody seeing this please vote on the topic!

No fix yet… March?? :pleading_face:

Is this fixed with the latest update from yesterday?
It’s been over 10 months now :frowning:

Confirmed that I’m still not seeing shadows on the Ultra profile with a 16” MBP, M1 Pro chip.

I’ve recently upgraded to an M1 Pro MBP and have been wondering the same thing. I can run Zwift now pretty much as maxed out as the the server-side “High” profile and the in-game “Ultra 1440p” will allow. I’ve even used config changes to ensure I am getting a higher res game render and shadow render as well as the detailed sun-rays and more dense foliage. Very acceptable frame rates in general but the lack of rider shadows is the last visual thing missing to make this environment that bit more realistic and immersive. Attaching a few screen shots (unsure if they will get downsampled)

1 Like

Can we please get an update on this bug from Zwift?

EDIT - update posted here Apple M1 Support - #14 by Guido_Go_9595

1 Like