Long Hair Options for Avatars

A friend of mine commented that women don’t seem to have as many hair style options as men. Specifically, she has long hair IRL but can’t choose long hair or even a long braid for her avatar. Seems like it should be relatively easy for the developers to program. I emailed Zwift customer support and they suggested I share the idea with the community. Is this something ladies would like as an option? It doesn’t have be be only for women either but could be for all avatars regardless of gender identity?

I am a blonde female with very long hair. I would like to be able to have option of either a blonde longhair pony tail, or a long braid when creating my avatar. Thanks!

I requested this feature two years ago… and got archived :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Hopefully we can get more ladies vote on this an get the hair one day…

9 Likes

I searched for the longest time since I couldn’t imagine they didn’t even implement this! It’s such an obvious must have.

4 Likes

Same here! Any word on this?

There are lots of requests like this already Search results for 'Avatar hair' - Zwift Forums

More lengths, colours, styles. Avatar customisation isn’t a high priority I’d say based on the evidence.

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware that many people have asked for this seemingly trivial improvement and yet it has not been forthcoming …

1 Like

It’s not just that there isn’t a longer hair option. I was very upset by this but it was also really annoying because I simply thought I had to have short hair!..When you first start to make your avatar it really does look all the hair styles are short hair styles - those two micro pony tail and micro plait are not even visible when you are choosing what hair style you want. I commented about this on my insta story and was told long hair or a long plait etc is difficult to design etc…if developers in the 90s could give Lara Croft a swishy long plait down her back I don’t see why it’s so difficult now.

I think maybe it’s just cos’ zwift doesn’t want you to know when you’ve been ‘chicked’ :wink:

14 Likes

Yes, they told me to come share the idea here too…so I’ve commented and voted! Need to get more long haired people to vote!! - I’ll get on it.

5 Likes

Would love to see this happen. My avatar needs a powerbraid! Extra points if they add a feature where my avatar flips her braid to the front and posts up when winning a race!

7 Likes

We definitely need long hair options!

5 Likes

Really disappointing to see there are essentially zero female options…especially in this day and age!! :-1:

8 Likes

And much more colors too!!

4 Likes

Yes I would like to complete my avatar with long hair and grey, please.
Long ponytails, pigtails breads would be awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

YES! I need a long braid or pony tail for my avatar. This should be standard for female avatars.

3 Likes

Yes!! We need long hair options!!!

5 Likes

I agree!!

3 Likes

I am new to zwift and I love it so far. My only complaint is the female avatar. It is disgusting how poorly designed the female avatar is compared to the male. When you are riding, it is almost impossible to tell who is female because the female avatar looks like a man. Long hair options would go a long way in helping.

There are 19 female hair styles and 17 of them make you look like a dude.

11 Likes

O think it is hard to model long hair. I see other games try to but it doesn’t look that great.

2 Likes

Yes. I feel strongly about this and would make me happy to see more! Frustrating that Zwift is trying to build female clientele and there are no avatar options that resemble me. Hair in a helmet is one of the most defining features for a female cyclist. My braided ponytail is easily 10 inches. Longest option on Zwift about 2”.

7 Likes