Less Events and Blocked from Joining C Races

Am having difficulty finding group rides or races over 60 minutes or 30 miles. Due to work, my ride window is between 5 and 8 PM EST. Seems that Zwift has cut back on length and quantity of rides over the last six months or so. How is it that I find NO events between 6:30 and 7:00 pm some weekdays? Moreover, it seems especially hard to find Alp du Zwift (Road to the Sky) rides as well.

I am a C level racer, but I am borderline B on short events. Noticed a bug recently in that I was briefly categorized as B, but have fallen back into C and the companion app still will not let me join a C race even though in Zwiftpower clearly has be down as a C racer. Most races I average about 2.8 to 3.0 and consequently in B rides I get dropped. I can handle that in that I get a great workout trying. For example, in the Faster Masters events I get dropped at the 30 or so mile mark (full ride is 44 miles) but love trying to hang on. Would not mind seeing more of those B rides, they are a great bunch of riders.

Hi @Richard_Cobb54, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you are being placed in B for Cat Enforcement (CE) races as they dont use the old zwiftpower rules for category placement.

Also, try out the pace partner rides if your looking for a group available at anytime.

1 Like

I have been supplementing my shorter rides with the pace partner. Jump into C for warm up, then do B for 10 or 15 minutes before I blow up. Thanks for the info concerning the rules for placement. Just assumed they followed ZwiftPower.

Also, love Zwift and long time member.

Hi Richard,

This site could just be about to become your new best friend: Events

As noted above, the category enforcement events are a little bit different to how categories are listed on Zwiftpower. The first post in this thread is worth a read: Category Enforcement - How is my category calculated? [February 2022]

1 Like