kickr snap and zwift

Patrick, I taped it to the side of my trainer, directly over the rating plate/sticker. Still have dropouts when using it via Ant+. But using the Wahoo Fitness app on my iPhone via BTLE the power rating and control is spot on. I’m thinking the Ant+ radio in the trainer might be crap. I don’t have another Ant+ dongle to use, but my Blue SC works perfectly, regardless of where the Movestick Mini is located, so I don’t think it’s the dongle. I’ve also opened a ticket with Wahoo. We’ll see what happens.

I have a Garmin Ant+ dongle, on a 3 meter USB cable. It is taped to the side of the Kickr Snap opposite the flywheel. It is taped to the black plastic cylinder next to the metal wheel that the tire touches. I picked this spot at random, but as soon as I did this, the ANT+ dropouts stopped.  What’s interesting is that even with that position  both my garmin cadence sensor and heart rate monitor strap are sync’d properly with the dongle.

I did likewise, taping the dongle to the side of the flywheel module, just on top of the rating sticker. Still no luck.  For grins I just ordered a Garmin USB mini dongle as this is the one Zwift recommends.

If BTLE was supported I suspect the problems would go away. It would be nice if Bkool and Zwift could both support the BTLE in my laptop (or via a dongle). Meh.

Final update… 

Just received the Garmin USBANT-m dongle and tried the Kickr Snap again. Same dropouts, same problems. So at this point it’s likely to just be my trainer. I’m going to RMA the trainer and we’ll see if I want to keep going down this rabbit hole since warm weather seems to be almost here (64 deg. F in February in Massachusetts, Wha?!?).

I realize this is an old thread but I had the same exact problem as you guys with signal drop when using ANT+. I even had to return one trainer to Wahoo because of it. Once I switched all sensors over to Bluetooth I had not had many (any?) signal drop that I can remember. Now that you can pair all the BT sensors through IOS there is no need for ANT+ unless you still have those types of cadence or hr sensors. Another quick note the Scoshe BT cadence sensor appears to be the exact same as the wahoo branded one at 1/2 the price.

I have since purchased a new Kickr Snap (a couple of weeks ago) and have had no problems with ANT+ or with Bluetooth. But I would very much like to thank the team at Zwift for supporting BT natively in OS X (and probably in Windows, but I don’t have a way to check that) rather than having to pseudo-tether via a phone. I have also seen a video from a Snap owner in the UK who might also have a solution to a similar problem:

https://youtu.be/Qp9w8bLIYpw

Can someone help with setup for Kickr Snap and a macbook pro (trying through mobile link app on android)… Im not using an ant dongle, just bluetoot… thanks!