KickR core belt specification

Hi All - was wondering if any Core owners have changed their belt and have the specification for the replacement part?

Wahoo are selling them at a stupidly high price and I can probably get the equivalent part through work.

My Core was new this year so a mk2??

Cheers,
Pete.

I believe the Kickr Core and Kickr18 use the same part - you’ll have to google it for part# but should be able to find it based on that. Do you have part numbers showing on your existing belt that you can throw into a google search?

The only markings on the belt are as follows:

374J

2M2040

I’ll have a more in-depth search at work tomorrow.

Have you by any chance contacted Wahoo customer service? If it was new this year, it should still be under warranty. If the belt is already needing replacement, there is a good chance Wahoo will send you one free of charge, or even replace the whole trainer.

The belt hasn’t broken but it’s inevitable it will at some stage so I’m just after a spare so when it does happen I can just swap it out immediately.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, we needed a replacement for the belt on an original KICKR after four years. Here’s where I found the exact replacement: https://kscdirect.com/item/GAT+850-5M-15/GATES+CORPORATION+-+BELTS_850-5M-15. It’s $14.54 now.

I don’t know the spec for the KICKR Core belt.

Pete, have you found a replacement? Need to change the belt and am in search of an analogue. Wahoo support did not help (New ones are not sold and analogues are not suggested).

Hi Dmitriy - short answer is no. I wanted to count the teeth and length on my one to verify the ones I researched to be absolutely sure but I haven’t done this yet. There’s a link to a US site in an earlier thread which gives tooth count etc.

I’m told these belts are used in the automotive industry so they should be available from any car parts place once been identified.

Regards.

I also looked. Сore’s belt is poly V-ribbed with 8 ribs, a little less than 19 mm wide, but the length is not completely clear. I measured the outside circumference and got about 965-970 mm. But belts are often described as “length” or “effective length”. If I understood correctly, such a measurement goes along the cord. However, there is a mark “374J” on the Core’s belt, which denotes the length of the belt. However, I was unable to find belts with this length. The closest longest that could be found is Gates PJ955 / 8 376J8 MICROV. It will probably be a little longer than necessary, so when installing it, will need to experiment a little with the tension. Or measure the tension of the original belt and install a new one with the same.

So I’ve just taken the plastic guards off and the belt isn’t the type I was expecting! The teeth run along the length of the belt, as you said. So there are 8 teeth with a pitch of 2mm, as for length I would say 978mm (measured on the outside of the belt).

I’ll do a bit more internet searching.

Have you measured the length of the tensioned belt? I don’t think that with such a measurement it will be possible to find an analogue. I measured the length of the belt removed. And the marking “374J” means a length of 950 mm (effective length), but I could not find an analogue in length

Tensioned length versus free length would probably be a bit different.

Try yorkfitness dot com (can’t add the link) and search. They have them for £6.99. Of course this is probably only any good if you are UK based.

I just ordered one. Free shipping in the UK.

Unfortunately, I’m from Russia and this belt is not available to me.

What about this belt for the Core?
Amazon.com: Continental OE Technology Series 4080374 8-Rib, 37.4" Multi-V Belt : Automotive

The belts are timing belts–if you’ve got an auto parts store nearby (online or IRL), there’s a good chance you can find a belt of the right length there, either toothed or grooved. They’re the same thing that gets used in car engines.

It seems the pj950/ 374j belt is not a common size, in the UK at least. I put an enquiry out to a company to see if they can source one as they do similar ribbed belts. Will post here if I get positive news.