Is it possible to turn off the in-ride display of my HR?

Hello,
here comes a HRM question that I have not been able to find an answer to with the search:

Is it possible to turn off the in-ride display of my HR?

Use case:

1. Many events now require HRM.
  2. I want to ride those.
  3. I do not want to see my own HR when riding.
  4. I do want to see the rest of the HUD (like power for example).
  5. I am OK with my HR being reported e.g. in the fit file, to zwiftpower, to strava, or whatever the case may be to participate without DQ and help substantiate that I have nothing to hide.

Feel free to come with pragmatic suggestions.

Thanks =)
/A

ps here is an overview of my setup in case it matters. ds

PC, win10, android companion app, tacx neo 2t. I currently do not use a HRM, so for that I could get anything that you guys think would work given my use case.

Ride on! =)

Probably possible to use software to overlay something on top of it, like Sauce or OBS.

piece of masking tape?

3 Likes

That’s an A for pragmatism.^^

I was perhaps looking for something more… elegant? like “yeah just enter this string in the txt file located in the so and so folder”

More ideas? =)

Not possible like that, no.

Sauce is probably your best option. You can customize it to show as little or as much as you like.

Hi, I was genuinely curious as to why you would not want to know what your HR was on such a huge endurance ride? At least for a health safety point of view? Your HR is a key piece of data in how your body is coping with the activity … and your 32hr 486km 20,000 vert meter ride was certainly an extreme activity! Any coach or endurance athlete would want to know what their HR was doing no???

2 Likes

Curious is good. =)
I don’t react well to hearing or seeing or even thinking about the cardiovascular system. Read: I get sudden loss of consciousness. So while being otherwise very much interested in both tech and cycling, HRM is one area I have avoided due to self knowledge.
Since the use of that kind of tech is so wide spread, I have no doubts that it might be beneficial for me as a tool, but due to my above weakness, I have tried to stay away. Now with Zwift/event organizers requiring it more and more often, I created this forum post to try to dig out a pragmatic solution. Over time I might try to look with one eye at my data, and maybe I will get used to it. =)

Regarding ultra endurance climbing, I definitively see your point. What I do use for special events only (due to cost) is the supersapiens system to monitor my glucose. That is another story for sure, but in one word, that is a game-changer.

I am very much open to suggestions/recommendations on the HRM thing. Thanks in advance, and thanks for being curious =)
/A