iOS Wahoo ANT+ dongle not working on iPhone 5s

Hi. I got all excited when I noticed that the latest Zwift 1.0.16361 mentioned Wahoo ANT+ dongle compatibility.

I downloaded the app on my iPhone 5s and borrowed a friends Lightening to 30 pin adapter and Wahoo ANT+ dongle. Unfortunately the ANT+ symbol didn’t show up on the Paired Devices screen, only the Bluetooth icon shows. I connected the dongles before and after restarting the app. The Wahoo ANT+ dongle does work but it is a few years old.

Is anyone able to give me some advice?

Kind regards

Richard

Hrm, we are seeing plenty of ANT dongle usage in the latest version of Zwift. 

Two things to check:

1. Do you have a case on your phone that could keep the adapter from plugging all the way in?  

2. Are you sure the adapter is a genuine apple adapter?  Some knockoffs (and there are many) just have the pins for charging or audio, but not all the data channels.

Wow, thanks for the speedy response. I have just found that there is a wahoo app so I will download that and see if it is connecting to the iPhone http://uk.wahoofitness.com/instructions/wahoo-key/

1. No I don’t have a case

2. Unsure if it is actually an apple adapter

Thanks

Richard

Just a quick update. It looks like it might be the Lightening to 30 pin adapter as the Wahoo App isn’t seeing the Dongle either.

Thanks