Intel integrated graphics gen 10 and 11

Yeah, it’s annoying, but I’m pretty sure it’s more of an Intel problem than a Zwift problem? Overworking the graphics card and freezing it seems to be a common complaint across several games.

I hope this fix works for you too; I’ve been really happy with how well its worked, with no adverse effects on anything else on my machine. The incredible detail for the Makuri Island world is certainly going to give the processor a good workout!

Wonder if its a cooling issue maybe.

To be clear for folks who are maybe reading this thread…the i9 that I quoted above isn’t one with the issue (as far as I know) as this laptop has a dedicated nvidia gpu. I was wondering about buying another laptop that only used Iris Xe graphics.

Its actually more reassuring if this is an issue that isn’t specific to Zwift as I would hope that intel get some better drivers out soon.

Zwift have launched a new world, with, in my opinion, lots of nice to have bug fixes like showing textures correctly in the drop shop, with I think one bug fix for Elitw users . Unfortunately, no mention of what I deem to be very important- stopping Zwift from crashing when using 10th or 11th gen processors which looks like it affects a lot of us.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it works for you as well in the long run. I never had a crash since the downgrade and also never had any other reasons to update the driver again. The downgraded version also survived the last system update of my Surface.

Concerning the reasons for the crashes a point to start would be a comparison of features between the driver versions - but I never bothered to look at the list-of-changes in enough detail to figure this out. And yeah, probably more an INTEL than a ZWIFT issue but what is less encouraging is that the most recent driver versions seem to make things even worse instead of fixing it…

1 Like

Not very reassuring reading really. I was looking at the LG Gram which only has integrated graphics. This is making me think twice. I’m sure that these issues can be fixed, but when? Nothing worse than losing a ride on Zwift to a crash (well…war and famine are worse, but you get my point!)

Here is what I was told regarding my game crashing in the past week. Laptop worked for past 8 mos. My laptop “became” an unsupported device I suppose. Anyone else seeing this?

I took a peek at those files to see what might be causing this, and I noticed the laptop you’ve got is running the latest Intel Iris graphics hardware. The reason this makes me think this is a problem is because we’re currently aware of crashing back to desktop and general unresponsiveness being an issue for some member’s running newer Intel graphics, and are working on a fix. I’m afraid to say though that there isn’t a known work-around for this issue as of yet, and due to the nature of software development its hard to say when this will be resolved. No worries, the fix will come from our end though and all you should have to do is keep your Zwift app up to date. In the meantime though, i’d recommend checking out our [supported devices page​​​ as we do support a number of other devices you may already own that you could Zwift on uninterrupted.

1 Like

I have recently purchased the following laptop and Zwift crashes mid-way through the use of the app:
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 13.5" PixelSense Display
I have emailed the support team a few times and although very responsive they say that the issue has been recognised and that they can’t tell me when it will be resolved and have no system in place for informing me if and when it is.
Further they suggested that I post the issue here and hope that it gains some momentum and is picked up by Zwift and a fix accelerated.
If anyone else has ben impacted by this please post here.
If any Zwift developer/manager is monitoring this site then I’d really appreciate it if you could fix this issue asap and ideally let me know when it will be fixed or if it has been already.
Thanks

1 Like

I agree with Jason, can Zwift please prioritise this? New coloured socks, to me, are a nice-to-have, but your customers not being able to use Zwift should be a top priority.

3 Likes

Thanks Alan, agreed!

I’ve been having this issue on a 10th gen i7

1 Like

See the forum post “zwift-crashing-freezing-mid-ride/379588” where downgrading the graphics driver seems to work for some people with 10th or 11th gen processors.

Yes, I also meet the same condition (system crash) when play zwift. My laptop is using Intel i5 10th generation. Hope zwift could quickly fix this issue.

Notebook information :
CPU : Intel Core i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz (Intel UHD graphics)
RAM : 8GB DDR4

I am afraid Zwift cannot fix it, it is an Intel issue (not only Zwift).

Crashing randomly since I upgraded my PC to a 11900 w/o a discrete GPU.

Didn’t have any issues on my old 5th gen intel w/ a nVidia GPU

I’ve had the issue since December 2020 myself, and it’s so frustating.

1 Like

This has been ongoing for me since December and I have a brand new Dell PC. I know the Zwift team works hard to manage issues and fix bugs, but I feel like this has been dragging on for far too long.

1 Like

Just because it is new doesn’t necessarily mean it can or should be able to run Zwift. As I understand it, this is an issue with numerous graphic heavy games and the intel integrated graphics, not just a Zwift issue.

Here is a good explanation for why minimum system specs need to be higher.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Zwift tech support just gave me some tips to adjust a few settings, although this is a known issue. They did tell me that my laptop is more than sufficient to run Zwift, but the issue is still being worked on. I guess I’ll have to deal with it until a fix is created.

I’ve been banging this drum for a while, especially about that recommended specs page which is pants. It’s still a 3D game, even if a pretty basic looking one by modern standards.

1 Like

Hi Brian - did you actually have to install a new graphics card and purchase one? What did it cost you? Cheers Rob