Inspire Fitness IC1.5 spin bike support

Hello,
I recently purchased the Inspire Fitness IC1.5 bike from Costco. The bike has BLE support with their native iOS/Android app to display resistance, speed, cadence, power, but unfortunately their app is a very unfriendly experience. I’d love to use the bike with Zwift. Have any zwifters purchased the same bike and found ways to get it integrated? I’ve been trying to submit feedback to both InspireFitness and Zwift to see what it would take to get support, but no luck so far. I wonder if there are even 3rd party accessories that can “translate” the IC1.5 BLE data stream into something Zwift friendly, which I think is something I’ve seen other companies support.
Thanks.

Download Zwift and see if Zwift can pick up the BLE signal. Chances are it is encrypted so only their app can see but all you can do is try. If that does not work you will need some kind of power meter, easiest is pedals such as PowerTap, Garmin, Assioma, or SRM, to connect.

2 Likes

I have downloaded Zwift and tried to connect both power or spin “sensor” readings, but it wasn’t able to detect any. I looked into power meter pedals, but the cost of those is the same cost as the entire bike…

Is the best bet to see if the developer can update the firmware to broadcast an unencrypted BLE stream that Zwift can pick up? Is there a spec for this somewhere?

All you can do is ask the developer/company or find someone who can hack it. Certainly not in my skillset even if I was interested.

1 Like

Were you able to figure this out? My husband and I are hoping to connect zwift as well - not a huge fan of the inspire classes.

Unfortunately not :weary:. After failing to get Zwift or InspireFitness to add support, I gave up. Now I just watch TV while tracking heart rate on my Garmin watch.

You can apparently use the “qdomyos-zwift” app with this bike to connect to Zwift.

1 Like

yes i confirm! qdomyos-zwift with Inspire Bike support is currently in beta!

1 Like

When can we expect an iOS App Store update? I just bought the app (and the inspire bike) and realized the iOS app doesn’t have the support yet.

If you want i could add you to the beta. Just write me an email with your email associated to your icloud account :wink:

1 Like

zhang297 at gmail is my iCloud account email. Thanks!

Having a hard time figuring out how to send private message in Zwift app/companion/forum. /facepalm

Very interested as well! Any idea when beta will be released on android

When will Beta be over - is there an update on how it is going. Just bought it too because I saw in comments that it was working great for them. Is beta still open, can more people be added?

The version is now on production! Just download it! :wink:

I will need to try this as well. Wife just bought this trainer, but I prefer Zwift.

How well does this work? Any kudos/complaints?

Yes, Roberto did a great job hacking the IC1.5 inspire bike to use with Zwift (App name: qdomyos-zwift). Give it a try–it works! Roberto is awesome! :slight_smile: