Indoor Recumbent Suggestion for Zwift

Hey all,

Due to a shoulder injury and an upcoming operation in April my only means of riding for the next 12 months will be a recumbent indoor bike and as such i’m trying to find one that i can make work with Zwift.

After checking the compatible hardware section i couldn’t find any compatibilty with indoor recumbents, actually no recumbents at all, and am wondering now if it is even possible?

I am aware that a real recumbent with a smart trainer would work but this will be my indoor only solution for the time of recovery.
In my area Brands like Kettler (Giro R3) , Schwinn 570R and Nautilus are readily available and all support Smart Bluetooth as far as i could tell but i’m having a hard time understanding how i could connect them to Zwift.

Any help would be appreciated, i still have a few weeks but in case i need to order from abroad this few weeks could pass very fast.

Thx a lot in advance

Pascal from small Luxembourg

If they transmit in Smart Bluetooth you could use the Zwift Companion App to bridge the connection to your PC or if you have a Mac or PC with Bluetooth 4.0 or above you could connect it directly. For iOS, Android and AppleTV you would just connect it directly.

thx for the reply,

So basically first contact the Recumbent resellers to find out if there bluetooth is latest generation before proceeding.

I downloaded the companion app and it doesn’t show any means of connecting something, i will see if i can get it to work in of the shops.

The Zwift Companion App will connect to the Zwift App Running on another device (like a PC) and allow you to bridge the Bluetooth connection.

First find out from the manufacturer if the will work with Zwift and then we can assist you in getting it connected.

Is there any chance that Zwift could host a curated list of indoor recumbent bikes that work with it? This seems like a no-brainer, as there are hundreds of different indoor recumbent bike models, with thousands of potential new customers. They host a list of indoor bikes that work with Zwift, but no indoor recumbent trainers.