In general terms: what is the treadmill that you would recomend me?

My old treadmill has died. Now I am looking for a new Treadmill.

I give value to technological capabilities.

My principal demands:

• zwift running integration (I know that it´s only possible that the treadmill transmit data to zwift)
  • posibility to design custom workouts (I am refering to have total freedom to design, not a given workout format that you can tunning) and that these workouts was reproduced automatically by the treadmill without manual intervention.

My doubts are principally in the technological part.

My sessions are principally custom workouts and I would like something similar than bike custom workouts in zwift. You design with total freedom and then the treadmill reproduce. As this is imposible with zwift, at least that the treadmill was compatible with an app that permits that one.

My desired process would be:

1.- I design my custom running workout in a web or app (exaple: ifit, myrun, …).
2.- this custom workout can be played in an ipad app and the treadmill would reproduce automatically this workout (speed, inclination…).
3.- While you are running, the treadmill send the information (speed) to zwift running.
4.- when you finished the workout, zwift would send the data to Garmin connect.

After time researching in the web, I can view these couples:

• Technogym MyRun treadmill - app Myrun- can send data to zwift running
  • life fitness T3 treadmill - ¿lfconnect app? - can send data to zwift running
  • nordictrack treadmills - ifit app - can´t send data to zwift (you must send data using a footpod or similar or use an app that simulate the treadmill like “Treadmill smart Speed” )

I am not sure if the Myrun app, or the lfconnect app can easily design custom workouts…

Thanks.

Well I would recommend an AC motor (enables you to use the treadmill in long sessions, I mean more than one hour without stop to cool down).
Speed? I think 18 kph would be ideal. That’s a pace of 3:20minutes/km, unless you’re racing 1000/1500/3000 meters it’s perfect for every workout or race!

Can’t name any specific treadmill because I’m not that informed! :sweat_smile:

Thanks Lucho.

My doubts are principally in the technological part.

My sessions are principally custom workouts and I would like something similar than bike custom workouts in zwift. You design with total freedom and then the threadmill reproduce. As this is imposible with zwift, at least that the threadmill was compatible with an app that permits that one.

My desired process would be:

1.- I design my custom running workout in a web or app (exaple: ifit, myrun, …).
2.- this custom workout can be played in an ipad app and the threadmill would reproduce automatically this workout (speed, inclination…).
3.- While you are running, the threadmill send the information (speed) to zwift running.
4.- when you finished the workout, zwift would send the data to Garmin connect.

After time researching in the web, I can view these couples:

• Technogym MyRun threadmill - app Myrun- can send data to zwift running
  • life fitness T3 threadmill - ¿lfconnect app? - can send data to zwift running
  • nordictrack threadmills - ifit app - can´t send data to zwift (you must send data using a footpod or similar or use an app that simulate the threadmill like “Threadmill smart Speed” )

I am not sure if the Myrun app, or the lfconnect app can easily design custom workouts…

@juan_rancho

We have a list of supported treadmills in our Support Hub (available in several languages by the way).

A very important technical consideration is the treadmill broadcast its data in an open variety of Bluetooth LE and/or ANT+. The tread industry has only recently adopted open standards, so older treads may not work if it was manufactured before, say, 2018. Prior to that (like the bike trainer industry) they may have used a proprietary flavor of Bluetooth that only communicates with its own display or app.

I’m told the tread industry tends to continue the name for top selling models even if specs change. In addition to the model name, you should verify the date of manufacture.

1 Like

I use Sole F85 together with Swift and it works perfect!
When researching treadmills, in Sweden, it was best in test and have got good reviews in most tests I checked

Hi Rick, thanks for your answer.

How do you can create custom workouts?. I am refering those ones that the treadmill reproduce automatically (speed and inclination).

I want to mean that you could design with total freedom (example: 10 minutes 8km/h-5 mins ramp from 8 to 12 km/h- 3xintervals (1 min 14 km/h-q min 10 km/h)-5 mins 8 km/h)

Hi, Had it 2 months now and I love it. Quality build, +140 kg

Thats my understanding that you can custom design flexible like that but to be sure I think you can find the manual online and check it. I never tried custom builds yet, since I have only used it with Zwift, together with Stryd and Polar Beat

Br
Per

-------- Originalmeddelande --------

There is a workaround to create custom running workouts in Zwift itself. I confess I’ve not yet used it myself but it is a common question (and answer) over on the Zwift Runners Facebook group Zwift Runners | Facebook

Assault Runner. I will never go back to a motor propelled belt