How to transmit cadence to Zwift when using a smart Treadmill

I have a new Sole F80 Treadmill that connects to Zwift. Unless I am confused, I believe the only information sent to Zwift is speed(via BLE if I’m not mistaken). How do I also record cadence? I have a Garmin Forerunner 735XT, and also a Zwift RunPOD I bought before deciding to get this “smart” treadmill. Thanks.

You could connect you pod as the cadence source on the pairing screen and leave the treadmill to do the speed.

1 Like

What does the cadence give you from a running perspective? I recently purchased a Sole F80 since it was zwift compatible, and I was surprised to see the treadmill didn’t appear when I selected cadence.

Oddly, I have a HR arm band that shows up for the cadence!

Cadence can be used as an indicator of form from a comparison point of view. Not the most critical of metrics but in the absence of Zwift utilising other metrics it’s as good as we’ve got.

Just one sad fact regarding cadence via footpod: Zwift Devs deemed it not nessesary to export the total steps in the fit file. Something Garmin and apple do. So you still have to account for them manually if you care about it and want those steps in Apple health for example.