How Long Will This Be Allowed To Go On?

This one person has done the ToW 33 times as of writing this post. This person has been reported numerous times by multiple people.

3 Likes

clearly a bot being used to level up an account. Is it cheating is the question.

I assume they are paying customer so not sure zwift will do anything about it. In the same way should somebody riding an ebike be banned?

never mind the above crazy situation the whole double xp for doing ToW more than once is awful just pulls riders from all the other community events for weeks while riders go round and round ToW events.

3 Likes

according to the Terms of Service, it is a violation unless they have prior written authorization from Zwift:

Develop or use any applications that interact with our Platform without our prior written authorization, including any cheats, mods or matchmaking services or applications that emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Zwift in any way, including for unauthorized play over the Internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;

2 Likes

that guy must really enjoy the idea of scrolling past 300 pages of socks every time he opens his garage then

4 Likes

He’s still riding, right now.

Oh hang on, I must be mistaken, because Zwift have told us several times recently how cheating isn’t tolerated and they always take action etc, etc.

So there can’t be a blatant bot riding like this.

We’re all mistaken.

7 Likes

I just reported this rider too. Sort of embarrassing that this goes on yet Luciano got banned. Lots of ToW rides impacted by someone violating the terms of service.

3 Likes

I’ve flagged this person numerous times today

6 Likes

Reported as well.

He was level 28 March 1st, level 19 on Jan 1st, and level 5 December 14th

In another thread a couple of days ago I mentioned that a Zwift HQ employee was “following” and therefore I assumed action was about to happen … but I’m unsurprised at lack of action really.

3 Likes

or is it a ZHQ bot :person_shrugging:

1. PROHIBITED CONDUCT AND CONTENT

vii: Use our Platform other than for its intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Platform or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Platform in any manner;

2 Likes

He’s been at level 39 for a while now so I think his XP progress has been nerfed.

Think they nerfed more than the XP - he is now “K Watopian in Review”

He got to Level40 - so while they will likely give him a smack on the hand, I do hope that send him back to Level1

4 Likes

Sweet sweet justice

5 Likes

Confirming this account and corresponding Zwift Power account have been shadowbanned.

10 Likes

and giving him a “shadow ban,” which means he can ride in the game but his avatar isn’t visible to others and his finishes in events are not included in the results.

Any chance he will be at level 50 when we are able to see him next?

1 Like

Seems like a real ban was more appropriate for the offense but that’s just me…

8 Likes

I thought shadowbanned still allowed you to do events just you can’t be seen?

or can you not enter any events?

Shadowbanning means the account is still generating revenue. Ride on! :ride_on:

4 Likes