Hide all Zwift Activities/Workouts from Everyone

I wanted to find out if there is a way to hide all activity on zwift? I don’t want anyone able to see when I ride, how often I ride and any of my stats. I don’t want my rides showing up in any feeds and such.

Is there a privacy setting to hide all activities from all users, mostly within zwift?

Thanks,
RRider

On the Zwift Companion App go to More at the bottom right, click Settings, Privacy, turn on Approve Follow Requests. That is about all you can do.

Thanks for the response, was hoping for a way to hide everything.

can i hide all and everything on the desktop version? i dont use the app version.

The privacy settings are done from the Zwift Campainion App.

so how can i change my privacy settings if i have no app? sure i can’t but i’m paying them for months and no change till now … no desktop version update which allows me to change my privacy settings.

You can install Zwift Companion in an Android emulator such as Nox on your desktop computer if you don’t have a smartphone.

2 Likes

Granted this is in the companion app, but looks like you can set ride visibility to “Only Me” in the Settings > Privacy section.

Totally agree. Didnt realise all my activities were by default public. WHat a stupid default that is! How do I now go retrospectively back without going through hundreds of rides and runs to change them to private or followers only!?

1 Like

Please add a function to Zwift/CompanionApp that allows to (re)set the privacy definition for (all) activities (other than selecting each one and switching the permission).

1 Like

Just know that it doesn’t actually make the rides private. It will still show up in the list of activities for any of your followers including when, how far, time. They just can’t click on the ride to see any further details.

If Zwift didn’t want to be misleading they would change the description from “private” to “hide details”.

1 Like

I thought the whole premise of Zwift was working out in a shared digital world. :man_shrugging:

It’s probably a good idea to have a setting to make things completely private. But it surprises me a little that someone would assume it was private by default. No judging, how it appeared to me isn’t how it has to appear to everyone. Just surprising.

1 Like

Uh, just checked that: Setting an activity to private on one account, removes this item on a follower accout…! Otherwise “private” wouldn’t make any sense…

You’re right I just checked. Last spring had someone ask me why I was marking some of my rides private, they could see them in their feed just not the ride details.

Ok so I came across this thread when trying to figure out how my cycling stalker of watts and distance :face_with_hand_over_mouth: was able to :+1:t2: my private activity from this morning?? I’m recovering from a car knocking me off my bike 10wks ago and have my privacy settings set to private while I recover as I can’t reach my handlebars yet with a broken shoulder :woman_facepalming:t2:

in the app , privacy, enable activity privacy, done no one sees anything, only you

in the app , privacy, enable activity privacy, done no one sees anything, only you