Garmin HRM-Pro for running

I have a Garmin Fenix 5, iPhone and a treadmill. I want to use Zwift to do some running and therefore have to purchase something that measures speed and cadence for Zwift. I know i can purchase a Zwift run pod (or similar), but i might as well just purchase the new Garmin HRM-Pro belt. Will this belt be sufficient.

No, the Garmin HRM Pro Belt cannot be used on Zwift as a speed or cadence source.

Are you sure? Some shops claim it can. It has Ant+ and Bluetooth, just like the HRM-Dual.
The online shops says it can transfere data to both the Garmin device over Ant+ and simultaneous send it to training apps like Zwift, but is this only hart rate data and not speed and cadence. The HRM strap measures both.

It will not send speed and cadence data to Zwift.

Yes, I’m bumping this very old thread - with good reason.

Garmin has updated firmware on the HRM-Pro to match that of the newer HRM-Pro+. They are electrically identical with only a case-design change.

The relevance to running: both the HRM-Pro and HRM-Pro+ can be used as a running pod for Zwift!

Evidence, via screen cap, with the HRM-Pro+ paired as cadence, run speed, and HR sensor.

Given the lack of availability of other run pods, and the cost of the Stryd pod (about double that of the Garmin HRM-Pro/Pro+) this may be the most accessible option to add a running sensor, with the added bonus of it being a heart rate monitor.

If you’re in the Garmin ecosystem, it also acts as a running dynamics pod, and a step counter independent of other devices. (read: you can take your Garmin watch off and the HRM-Pro/Pro+ will still add to your daily step count)

1 Like

Great!

How accurate it is?

It’s rubbish. Some of it may be due to how I run on the treadmill, but I found speed to be horribly inconsistent.

1 Like