Gamification

Hey Tom.

I think most Zwifters would agree with your suggestions and many have come up on the forum already over the years.

On that point: the Robo Pacers at each W/kg level generally offer both a flat and “less flat” route.

For example: Robo Pacer D.Taylor is currently riding in France (temporarily, celebrating TdF for July before heading back to Makuri) on the relatively flat “R.G.V.” route, as well as back home in Watopia on the rather hilly “Three Little Sisters” route.

Zwift Insider maintains a RoboPacer schedule, with hyperlinks to the routes: Zwift RoboPacer Cycling Route Schedule | Zwift Insider

This fits a theme with Zwift: they often leave certain things out and let the community pick them up. For profiles and the “social” side, many people use Clubs, and even Discord to connect.

My take: Zwift doesn’t want the overhead or liability of having to monitor and police profiles and activity on its own platform. (you just know someone’s going to do something dumb if you give them a blank canvas) Further, they let the community come up with solutions which I alluded to above - you’ve got a lot of Clubs (Herd, BMTR, SVR, DIRT etc) with their own social media presence using tools like Facebook and Discord.

In case you haven’t seen it, check out the Resource Wiki: Zwift Resource Wiki (new) 🗺