Game Update v1.67 [June 2024]

Watopia is getting bigger! Eight new routes & an epic new climb, The Grade, will be rolled out to Zwifters in this release. This latest map expansion will take place on the southern side of the Epic KOM, stretching from the Mayan Jungles and Southern Coast up to the top of The Grade.
grade

The Grade is a route segment and steep climb that begins in the plaza of Ciudad de la Cumbre and ends at the top of the Epic KOM. Did we mention that The Grade is also a functioning FTP test? Put your legs to the test and see if you can reach a new PR.

Will there be an event series with this expansion? Yes! But with a caveat. We want our community to take the reins and flood the calendar with their spin on how to take on this new climb. We’re inviting club owners & event organizers to begin scheduling rides by week’s end (after 100% of Zwifters have access to The Grade).

Ride the routes as soon as the release arrives on your device and look out for events from your favorite clubs and event organizers by the end of the week.

Additional Updates:

• We simplified the choice of FTP Tests by only featuring the most popular and relevant FTP Tests and updating their names to be more descriptive.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent exiting the Workout detail screen when using Play controllers or keyboard.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Join Event button to be partially covered by the HUD in Climb Portal.
  • Fixed an issue that could potentially display the incorrect cycling level on the Streaks screen.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the Rolling Highlands route in Scotland from being completed in an event if scheduled for multiple laps.
  • Fixed missing display names in the Garage for the ZRL Winner’s helmet and Lazer Vento helmet.
  • Corrected the name of the route completion badge for Watopia’s Waistband.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some trees to render incorrectly on mobile devices.
  • Fixed an issue where some campaigns on the home screen could be missing localized text for Korean and Chinese languages.

Windows:

• Fixed an issue that could potentially cause a crash when joining an event.
  • Fixed an issue that could potentially cause a shadow line to appear near your avatar when using AMD GPUs.
  • AMD Radeon RX 6400 GPUs now have the Ultra graphics profile enabled.

Windows/Mac:

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Getting Started tutorial to not automatically start for new Zwifters.

Known Issues with Watopia expansion:

• The screen can become shaky when the player climbs a steep hill.
  • Meetups using Oh Hill No and Mayan Mash have slightly different travel distances when compared to free ride distances.
  • Lead-in distances are not listed on the home screen side sheet for Elevation Evaluation, and Snowman.
  • App may crash if you teleport to a different world (such as joining a scheduled event) while riding The Grade segment on routes like Oh Hill No. Workaround: exit your ride on The Grade, and enter your event from the Home Screen.

Phased rollout of 1.67 to Windows / macOS / Android begins today.
iOS / tvOS phased rollout begins tomorrow.

UPDATE JUNE 12

• Phased rollout to Windows / macOS / Android resumes today.
  • iOS / tvOS phased rollout has begun.

UPDATE JUNE 13

• Phased rollout to all OS platforms is complete.
  • Please allow several hours for expansion routes to have full availability in the Zwift Companion app.
  • Expansion routes are available in the Zwift Companion app for Clubs, Meetups, and My List.

Do you have questions or issues with this release? Let us know below.

15 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Camera shake on The Grade expansion

All these new routes to play with and the phased rollout hasn’t reached me yet :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

It’s tied to the device and not the account or geography, so if you have more than one Windows/macOS/Android device you can run the game on, try them all and you might get it on one of them.

2 Likes

From Eric Schlange’s test data (with Nathan and Gabby Guerra) it appears the critical power curve assumed in the FTP extraction corresponds roughly to W’ = CP ⨉ 130 seconds, which implies if you take 20 minutes to climb, your FTP will be 93.5% of the average power. However, Eric’s deduction for 14 minutes was more than suggested by the CP model, so Zwift isn’t using a pure CP model, but a more complicated curve. To be fair the CP model is terribly oversimplified, and makes no physiological sense.

However, to get a rough estimate of how much power you need to match FTP, the following should work fairly well:

watts = FTP (1 + 130 / seconds) / (1 + 130 / 3600)

So if I have an FTP of 250 watts, and it takes me 13 minutes = 780 seconds to do the climb, that’s 281 watts.

Zwift Insider notes about today’s update (including some stuff not mentioned in the release notes!) Zwift Update Version 1.67 (130349) Released | Zwift Insider

7 Likes

Mayan Mash in < 60 min…?? Ouch… :rofl:

If you want a more accurate idea of route completion times I’ve added them to my predictor…

4 Likes

Radio Tower KOM

The real question is, now that Zwift have accepted that we’re always going to call in the Radio Tower, does the turn still say “Bonus Climb”?

(I’m presuming it wasn’t previously updated anyway - it’s ages since I rode that way)

2 Likes

Ok Zwift. You need to get your act together. There should never ever be phased rollouts when it comes to new content. Every “paying” customer should be receiving new content the same day. If this requires more testing on your end before release then do that.

12 Likes

So this is how Zwift values its customers by privileging a few, and the rest have to wait. Very, very poor move. We all pay for Zwift. Just not acceptable.

7 Likes

I’m not going to be able to get on Zwift until after the rollout is complete and even if I could I probably wouldn’t jump straight into these new routes but I too am very offended that I may not have access to the expansion for a day or two after some other people.

/s

It’s a day or two, who cares. The only reason to be so upset about it is that you’ve had an experimental FTP-ish test hard locked onto your calendar and it’s going to ruin your training season if you don’t get it in the first wave. And FYI if you’re on PC (and maybe other platforms, I dunno) there’s a way you can reroll your random-rollout dice.

13 Likes

Seems to be an issue with the Snowman route; I just kept circling the roundabout at the bottom of the Grade.
(MacOS)

1 Like

You unlocked the new Velodrome!

Looking at the route map, it doesn’t even seem like you should have gotten to that roundabout as the route turns off at the bottom of the switchbacks.

5 Likes

Oh…hmmmm…in that case:
The snowman route doesn’t work (Rode most of the time with no hud and didn’t change/choose any course direction

Really loves zwift’s customer experience:

Zwift; the indoor cycling program where you’re not influenced by outsides variances.

Me: yay! I’m a numbers cruncher, so I’m able to track my fitness and efforts at segments over the years

Also Zwift, let’s get spicy and change the ccr of the segments……

Really Zwift ?! How is it even possible that with every new release you upset a part of your user base.

What did you win to change the ccr? What was the loss when it stayed the same? Why change for the sake of change?

I stay at Zwift because I built years of trackable data of my fitness, I value that. If you make my data worthless, I don’t have a reason to not have a looksy at other platforms.

3 Likes

My wife asked “What’s so funny?”

:clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Questions for you @PhilBanks

1. We looked at your game logs and noticed there was manual turn off the route at one point. Was that intentional on your part?

2. When you say “with no HUD,” was that also intentional, or was something missing from the display that should have been there? Would you have any screenshots you can show us?

What? That was in November, and guess what, the only data that matters is your power curve and associated HR data.

1 Like

Is there more to come on June 12?