Game Update: Oct 1, 2019

Thanks Jon for the personal update/release-notes!

Keep up the great work! :+1:

5 Likes

Any closer to a ghost rider feature or even an screen view of previous times on a particular course?

43 Likes

Awesome news.

Could you guys also look at adding Watts per KG at the top of the screen? Most groups rides use this feature, and it’s sometimes hard to see it the little box at the bottom right.
Also, can you give access to the garage to do avatar updates without having to go into a ride every time?
Oh and last thing. Can you change “End ride” to not exit Zwift please?
Cheers

114 Likes

To us ho youst training, please don’t do it to complicated.

Marius

---- Jon via Zwift Forums skrev ----

Jon_Mayfield

Jon

Zwift Staff

October 2
Hey Zwifters - we hope everybody has been enjoying the Yorkshire UCI Worlds course! Now that the big event is successfully behind us we’ve got another update rolling out now to all platforms.

Arguably the most interesting addition in the release is a prototype feature that allows you to try steering your Zwift avatar in-game by using your phone mounted on your handlebars. To access the feature, simply run Zwift
Companion on your phone while running the game on a different device (laptop, ipad, AppleTV, etc). Next, ride through the recently released Titans Grove on Watopia and at some point you will see a ‘secret’ intersection - take the turn and follow the instructions
on screen. Zwift will attempt to use the accelerometers in your phone to detect any steering movements you make while riding the short off-road section we’ve built. Both turning and leaning should work. There may even be a special prize at the end if you are
able to ride it well enough!

This is the first feature we’re shipping under the
“FutureWorks” heading, which is something you may see from time to time in later releases. It designates early access or experimental features that are likely to change, disappear, or need extra validation before becoming a fully fledged part of Zwift.
For steering we’re collecting measurements and feedback to see how well its working for those who choose to give it a try.

For those that are skeptical, don’t worry. Steering will most likely never be mandatory for just riding around, training, or even most event formats - but we do see an opportunity for some new modes as well as enhancing existing
experiences for those who want it. For now, we’re simply testing whether the phone is a workable solution.

Ok, enough on steering. This release also has a few smaller items added, such as:

• In-game mission added, which runs Oct 5 - 13th
  • Added beginner 5k run training plan
  • Various wheels and tires now have different rolling resistance based on the surface they are rolling on. IE, a mountain bike or gravel tire may be the best on the Jungle circuit, while a road/TT bike is fastest on the tarmac.
    More to come here in a future update.
  • Started building out new paddocks near the Jungle Circuit for future events
  • Added achievements for completing various routes in each world
  • Low memory desktop machines (ie, 2-4gb of ram) will now use slightly reduced texture detail in order to fit into memory more reliably
  • Tweaked graphics for iPad Air 3, iPad Mini 5, and iPhone 11 (which now gets full shadows!)
  • Various bug fixes
    We’ve still got some pretty big changes in store soon, but they’re not quite ready to show off just yet, so stay tuned during our next few updates for news on that.

As usual we’re all ears when it comes to feedback about changes or a new issue you may have discovered, just respond to this thread. Or if there is something new you’d like to see, head on over to

Feature Requests
to post your idea.

Ride On.

The Team at Zwift

1 Like

I dont get it, the feature request list is full of REQUESTED FEATURES and all you do is focus on “cool” features, is your product managers connected to customers?

Steering is not even nice to have feature its a waste of time as no one will benefit any actual riding skill from it.

Please pay more attention to what the users want instead of what you think is cool…

47 Likes

Totally agree

6 Likes

Please fix the mandatory training schedules issue being raised for some time now?

2 Likes

Thanks Jon.

Any chance you could share more detail on “various bug fixes”?

The Volcano missing riders issue has been going on for a few months now and it has a bit of an impact on our group rides.

Thanks,
James

2 Likes

Hi just a quick one , are you stopping doing the Harrogate track now

It’s just I was quite enjoying doing it

Thanks

Paul

4 Likes

Great news!

I do have a suggestion though.

With all the emphasis on watts per kilogram, can we show users output in watts per kilogram in the centre display or with power output window on left side?

I know it shows in the list on the right in small text, but this takes away the focus on the centre screen display, which is important if you are racing, workout or time trialling.

Also, my 10 year old daughter looks forward to the fix allowing her to register her actual weight instead of the default minimum.

Fantastic training platform.

My 10 year old daughter trains with me on Zwift and she loves the short circuits in Yorkshire where she practises the longer sprints with the elevated sections. It has really helped her in the local cycling league during her first year of cycling. She can’t wait till you allow her actual weight.

David

10 Likes

Thanks for the update, looking forward to try it.
We are still wondering how a UCI world event is possible without all country flags implemented in the game…

Best,

A.

1 Like

Hi Zwift :slight_smile:
Concerning the steering feature:
Damn… not using the Companion app as it causes communication issues when Dual Recording. I will also never have my phone near the ‘sweat paradise’… hope someone are working on another device for this or just using arrow keys on the laptop…

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Jon, truly appreciate all the hard work.

I’ve loved riding the Yorkshire and new Titan courses!

I can’t see myself personally using the turn feature as I don’t see it adding much training benefit without a completely new style of trainer utilizing some form of realistic leaning… which would be more money than I would dump into anything virtual.

I’m still fairly new to Zwift so perhaps I have just not figured this out, but I’m never alerted when I actually finish any particular Route, which seems strange (I write down the expected mileage and go past that point .1 miles). Every Workout has a nice fancy marker at each workout segment… would be nice to see that ported over to the end of each course… maybe a Route ETA during the ride as well.

Kudos to the Dev Team! Big picture, it keeps the pounds off and has been a fun tool.

8 Likes

Agree with this. All route should have an obvious finish line. Most do but some don’t.

4 Likes

Great update.

Bug on Mac as any mouse click now requires double click (menu, power up activation, end, save) that was always a single click.

Please bring single back!

Cheers,

Simo

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for the details on the update. Gotta say really not fussed on steering. Front wheel is supported in a wheel riser and on top of a wahoo floor mat. The idea of having to steer is not appealing. Would prefer to see expanded routes and other suggestions implemented (w/kg in the hud please!). So I guess I’m asking as a Zwift racer and someone who makes use of training plans… focus as intentionally on other in game tweaks that will have more lasting impact.

Saying all that… keep up the fab work and ride on!

A

9 Likes

Hätte mich interessiert.

Leider ist der Text nicht in Deutscher Sprache erhältlich.

Schade

Beste Grüße

Holger

I’d love to have ago on zwift with my treadmill but it’s not compatable with it even those my treadmill has BT it’s a Swhinn treadmill.

Kind regards
Kieron Morris

Personal Info removed