Game Update 1.62 [April 2024]

Another update and zero news about Z Racing Score.

1 Like

The “Party On!” badge is going to be the hardest 50 points anyone can earn.

1. You must be riding with a level 100 rider
  2. They must be wearing their confetti socks
  3. You must be one of the five closest riders, that they haven’t already hit with a “Ride On”, when they give a “Ride On”

I pity the badge hunters, unlike Everesting, it’s not even a hidden badge and it completely depends on very specific riders.

Will the RoboPacers be issued confetti socks?

3 Likes

I bet there are some clubs that could put on a confetti group ride. Some of them have quite a few level 100 riders.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ll get that one before the 2000W badge :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Will there be an option to turn off that confetti ?
And while you are at it, please also make an option to turn off the ride on bomb circle and highlight.

2 Likes

I actually like the highlights but not the circle…and I have player highlights turned off otherwise. Granularity in graphics options would be a welcome addition.

I really dont mind all these new options and functions, but an option to turn them off for all those who dont like them would be very welcomed. We just dont like everything. Some like it and some dont, but at least give us an option to turn it off. Like they did with the player highlight.

5 Likes

Only the person sending it and receiving it will see it, and it requires a L100 rider to actually be wearing the socks, and giving a ride on, so my guess is most folks won’t see it much at all.

1 Like

When I get to level 100 everyone’s going to see it in final sprints. Hopefully they also get a new badge banner popping up as well.

glitter

3 Likes

My point was exactly what Paul says below you. I forsee a lot of level 100 riders use it in sprints and that can be really annoying when in a race. The idea is nice, but I really like to turn it off.

Imagine some teams doing it together. One focusses on the sprint and a few others just press the ride on button to distract as many as possible. Getting the screen filled with confetti for 20 seconds isnt my idea of fun.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Android release is pending, but expected later today. We’ll update when it happens.

Resistance while using virtual shifting is way off compared to prior update.I’m in 24th gear, while I’m usually in gear 17.

@shooj

Hi @klavan

Thanks for the report. I would llke to confirm that you’re able to use your Play controllers to make a virftual shift - just that the resistance level is off?

I’m looking through your server logs and seeing that Play controllers are paired, but not your Click. Not that that should matter because you can have either paired (or both) to control your shifting. What happens if you pair your Click and shift using that?

Thanks for looking into that!
After replugging in the kickr and reconnecting it in zwift it acted normal again.

The update probably did something wrong, or resetted the resistance?

That’s great to hear! Sometimes, power cycling things restores normal function. :man_shrugging:

Android users please note that phased rollout of version 1.62 has begun.

There’s a 2000W badge? The 1,210W one has got to be easier than the “Olympian” run badge, considering that the world record in my age group (60+) is 4:49:08

Oh ha, yeah I meant 1200W, which is also out of reach for my weak weak legs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still no windows pc update and its been 36hrs

1 Like

@Jason_J_SPM
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Looked at the server log for your most recent ride, and you’re indeed on version 1.61.

Any chance you’re firing up the game app executable file (ZwiftApp.exe)? If so - that won’t automatically update game versions. Please make sure you’re starting your session with the Launcher app (ZwiftLauncher.exe). One of its jobs is to check for a newer game version, download it if there is one, and then initialize the game. If you bypass the launcher, you’ll miss out on game updates.