Game Update 1.34 [April 2023]

You’ll see red watts if you are riding behind someone, and are autobraked because you’re not doing enough power to opvertake them without bumping through them.

It’s not technically a 1.34 update, PD4 was just turned on for all a week or so ago.

I’m aware that there is a lot of chat on group rides about this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a staggered release and the release started with some users on PC before starting the release on other platforms too.

There are still a significant number of people on PC that don’t have it (probably more than 85%)

A staggered release for an update that isn’t changing much is a good idea.

That way any unexpected issues only affect a small minority and thus the roll out paused to stop issues affecting all users.

You couldn’t do this with major updates or when new features are rolled out. New roads for example.

There would be a revolt if some users got them first.

None of my 4 devices have received the update yet. This has absolutely no bearing on my Zwifting.

3 Likes

That, presumably, explains why I was expecting to have to do an update before I rode last night, but there wasn’t one!

1 Like

My ATV and iPad have received 1.34 today 11 Apr. The XP fix seems odd as it now shows over 933,000 with the accelerated indicator still 58 → 60 with only 20 XP being added per km. The last update broke the 40 / 60 (ToW) XP per km display.

Is this the intended functionality? If so how do you find out how much XP is required to reach next level or am I missing something obvious.

Cheers
Shane

Hi @Shane_Williams_TTARC welcome to the Zwift forums.
Yes, it’s the intended behavior. Level 50+ Zwifters still earn accelerated XP, and you can verify that on the Rider Score displayed on your Pause menu.

Please see this previous discussion.
Zwift please give back our XP after level 60 - #281.

1 Like

Ideally, yes, we’d show you what you have equipped prior to you starting the ride. Right now, we put that swap function in to simply help folks that might forget to switch equipment before we get to something like you’re suggesting would be more useful. Definitely not the be-all-end-all solution to the issue, just one small step in the right direction to make Zwift a bit more friendly.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. That’s the thing, prior to 1.34 the rider score XP increased by 40 / 60 per km on the pause menu but in game showed 20 / 40 per km. Now the real rider score XP is displayed in 1.34, the accelerated XP doesn’t happen. Post the update I rode a few kms and checked the rider score which was only increasing by 20 per km.

My original question was maybe too vague as I was thinking the full real rider score was increasing by 20 XP per km as seen in game and on menu whereas the level 58 rider score was hidden but receiving 40 / 60 XP per km.

Regardless of it being a bug or a feature, I still can’t see how much XP is required for the next level.

Cheers again.
Shane

Correct, though we’ve decided to turn off the red flashing outside of events for now due to some confusion around the overall function given that we’ve never had anything like that before.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks! Good to know :grinning:

Given the ongoing general levels of confusion of the general populace on things like PD4, other server side changes, client side staggered rollouts - perhaps an idea might be to have release notes popup in game to set expectations for people instead of the existing situation which is mass confusion unless you read a specific post in a specific forum.

9 Likes

Definitely agree.
I’d mentioned this idea (in an earlier post on this thread, and also on another thread referring to home page changes).

‘Change log’ or update notes are common place and should absolutely pop up on first open or be viewable in game… to avoid confusion, or to ensure new additions are not gone unnoticed.

1 Like

Don’t really understand the rationale of doing this. Will you be reinstating the flashing power numbers as the PD4 default at some point?

PP rides are a good way of honing (or changing) your pack riding skills with PD4 and having the flashing numbers is a benefit not a hindrance IMHO.

3 Likes

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Incomplete activity reports

Are you guys on 1.34 or have you not received the update yet?

@Watopia-Wayfinders can we please split these to their own thread. It’s not due to 1.34.

No, less than 10%

What, I’m in the last 10%. :sob: I figured by level 60 and riding Zwift all year round I’d be in the top 10% :sweat_smile:

I don’t have it either :wink: I meant that less than 10% so far have the update.

I just received an email from Zwift telling me about a new Coffee Stop and Rider Teleport feature. Any more details? Are these live now?

Edit - I just noticed an “In Development” label (but not very prominent).