Game Update 1.33 [January 2023]

With the nightly update it works now. Thanks.

Since the update, I cannot get Zwift to work on my 3 year old MacBook Pro. Previously the game had worked flawlessly for three years.
Now I get an error code saying Zwift needs access to files/folders and then the Zwift app closes itself spontaneously.
I have emailed with Zwift support and they suggested the old preferences->privacy->files and folders->privacy tab trick and then manually granting access. Unfortunately when I do that, Zwift isn’t even listed as an option to manually allow access.
I have already completely deleted and reinstalled Zwift and restarted the Mac, and that didn’t work either.
Zwift support then mentioned that Zwift has a tough time with Catalina OS. Last night I upgraded to Big Sur but I still get the same error code about Zwift not being able to access files/folders and the program closes itself.
Once I upgraded to Big Sur, I deleted and reinstalled Zwift again, but no luck!! I have tried to manually allow access multiple times via the Files and Fokders Privacy tab but once again, Zwift.app is not there or visible to give access to.
I cannot run Zwift at all at this point!!!
Does anyone have any ideas?

Somehow my machine launched and is running 1.33.1 without going thru usual windows dialogs for ok’ing an update etc. Is that typical on minor patches? I see my actual timestamp on my machine in the program folder for the Zwift app is about 7hrs before this notification on the patch.

Same here.
I opened Zwift to get the update out of the way and no update occured.
I have Win 10.
I’m on a dumb trainer with power meter so the bug doesn’t affect me but delayed starts due to updating does affect me so I get them done early.

error 117 at line 602

Z117 at Line 602 - Bugs and Support - Zwift Forums

1 Like

That’s how the update has been deployed.

Just like the others before me, the patch was applied without notification of update being deployed.

Today I led Ascenders Team [AsC 3.0] C group for 3 laps of Watopia Waistband which turned out rather eventfully.

1. The Disconnected popup kept appearing though I have full ANT+ connection with devices :face_with_peeking_eye:
  2. ZCA kept losing comms or messages became lagged between 2 seconds to 10 seconds :thinking:
  3. Late joiners from D group came into C group which to their horror was discovered after riding one lap :rofl:
  4. After leading the group for 2 laps and Zwift froze up and could not even close the app.
2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear all of this. It’s like we’re back in 2021 with every update turning into a Bugdate. It’s been months since we’ve had this level to trouble with an update. I guess at some point key personnel leaving either by choice or not, will have an impact on the product. Hopefully the ship gets righted soon…

@Patrick_AsC-Primarch you would have love to ,seen me rage live at the start of my stream on ttv , i dont think i can link it.

Lots of people went the wrong way in the Tiny Races yesterday…

As for the number of holoreplays … many, but that’s not a sign of popularity . What they are, and the fact that you can simply stop them by flicking a switch in settings isn’t apparent to normal users. I eventually got so fed up with them a couple of weeks ago that I came and searched here. To start with I didn’t know what they were called so it took a while to find a thread that told me they could be zapped. But at last the stupid things are gone…

2 Likes

Freue mich auf Schottland :scotland:👌

I’m not sure the trainer resistance issues are fully fixed. I thought there was something odd on Friday, and today I’m more convinced of it.

I’m up to date with 1.33.1, but having done a lap of Watopia Waistband then up the start of the KOM I’m sure resistance is inverted.

That is, when the road goes up, my trainer seems to let go. When the road goes down, the resistance increases.

This is on a Neo 2 paired over ANT+.

I thought the resistance data might be in the log.txt so I could cross reference that against the map, but sadly not. I think they used to be in there, as I have entries like this in old logs:

[15:19:24] FE-C SIM GRADE -0.003
[15:19:35] FE-C SIM GRADE 0.033
1 Like

Have you tried riding the long downhill start of Road To Sky with 100% trainer difficulty and then a bit of the Alpe Du Zwift climb?

I did the Waistband route earlier as the TdZ C ride. Trainer difficulty was working as expected/normal. I’m on Win10/Ant+/Elite Zumo.

FWIW I didn’t experience the Trainer Difficulty thing before the latest fix either.

Nope. I was riding with a pace partner (then turned off to test my theory on the KOM).

But when I pulled a U-turn on the KOM, it got harder to pedal, despite me going down a 7% or so incline.

2nd update in a row, where my Windows program will not launch. In December, it somehow resolved on its own, then two weeks later support responded. I submitted again yesterday, with logs. Support responded right away. I went thru all their recommendations, uninstalled, then reinstalled the program completely three times. No success. It’s frustrating, i have time to ride today, but no program

Check it’s not your anti-virus software. It may sound silly, but some have had their AV blocking Zwift.

Soooo, has anyone experienced really badly stuttering graphics after this update (PC)?
I normally run in Ultra settings and have OBS Studio running, but this no longer seems to have any effect.
It’s so bad/distracting that I had to quit out after 5 mins.
Thanks Zwift, another quality release!