Friends have a beacon of light above them

(Richard Walker) #1

Would it be possible to have friends have a beacon of light (or a badge) above them so it is easier to ride with them in groups and would make them easier to spot on solo rides (like if they are coming towards you).

Something a bit like the leader of a group ride has?

Thanks

Riding with friends impossible (STILL). Can we finally make some improvements Please
(Vincent W.) #2

Cool suggestion Richard, thanks for writing in!

(P Lant Powered) #3

This is a great idea and make riding with friend in overcrowded maps so so much easier!

(Richard Walker) #4

This is a quick sample of what I mean.

(Gerrie Delport) #5

But your friends are marked on the mini map in top right hand corner.

I don’t like the idea of the beam of light, I may have to many friends and it will make the view look like a 1980’s game. How about something in the rider list.

(Richard Walker) #6

I don’t have many friends :smile:

Having something in the rider list would be next to useless as in a big group it changes too quick.

(Ryan Van Praet) #7

As a visually impaired rider, i find it REALLY tough lately to keep track of my friend that I’m riding with. The “beacon” idea is great! Could be same as group leader beacon or perhaps a “star” or something like that. I also like how leader name tag is different colour when they are behind you…makes is super easy to see where your friends are

(Richard Walker) #8

Yes Ryan, something like the Group Leader beacon would be great. Could it maybe incorporate the rider’s initials so it would be easy to tell who is who if you have lots of friends?

Maybe a really easy solution would be to only show the black name tags (that they currently use) of your friends. You would then also know how far they are behind you :wink: