I’d like to be wiser on this before I lose 1/2 the ride members:
Is there anywhere for ride leaders to know “exactly” what to look for when using the “Zapping Fence”?
- How to switch it on and off
- If I activate the fence and then dectivate it does the countdown restart?
- If it’s activated what is the maximum time allowed infront
- What’s written on screen for the perpetrators
- Where do they get sent?
- You will get this option as leader:
- Yes you can turn it off and on - leaders use it for sprints/end of ride mini-race etc
- 60secs which is plenty as the warning pops up as soon as they go through fence
- riders get countdown & warning to “return to group”. When the countdown hits 0, they are kicked
- they are kicked from the event. They are riding in the same spot on the same map, just not in the event. They can re-join if late-join still active
Here’s a thread on an SZR test event recently. Have a nosey at the Paul’s vid a few posts down
When the fence was originally introduced on one occasion due to a certain need i forgot to turn the fence off at the 100km comfort break , booted half the group.
Thank you that’s incredibly helpful…
Paul, that’s exactly what I was worried of… LOL!
It went well… 3 got fired from the canon and then everyone else relaxed and sat back with the beacon. I actually only needed to use it sparingly after a couple of sprints rather than the entire ride.
After this my first lead with the “Bug Zapper”…I’m giving it a thumbs up.