Family and Child Plan Request

@Dave_ZPCMR

Yes, “same household” as you write is exactly what I wrote in my comment 3 days ago:

" That seems to be a good idea for me - pay per trainer, not user!"

2 Likes

Even though I’m no longer a subscriber to Zwift I don’t like the idea of pay per trainer. My wife and I have separate trainers and she doesn’t ride that much and probably wouldn’t ride at all if she had to switch out bikes. To me it’s so simple, create a family plan similar to Rouvy. It’s obvious Zwift isn’t listening to their customers. If enough subscribers make the switch to something else Zwift might start listening.

2 Likes

Just bought a Kickrbike tested Zwift works great but after reading this column noticing the lack of respect from an apparent market leader I swiftly decided to go with Rouve. It’s not about the money it’s about attitude. Some people/companies when reaching success just doesn’t care about their customers or understand the power of a community- I never stay long when this happens. Amazingly bad managed.

1 Like

During the time of covid I think it’s a bit disingenuous of Zwift to laud the benefits of getting more people to exercise yet not allow family account sharing. My wife and two daughters currently at home (one an undergraduate who’s home for no fault of her own due to covid issues) all want to ride Zwift on my road bike. So of course I let them, but it does no good to my FTP or other values because they all ride as me. Many have been furloughed or laid off due to covid and can’t afford multiple subs for the same household. There’s a moral issue here. I’m sure Zwift is making a bunch of money - distribute it to the community this way and you’ll make a lot more friends!

1 Like

Just curious when Zwift is going to allow for a second user to be added to a Zwift profile? Is this going to be an update coming or can I expect to pay twice for the same household?

Yet you still follow Zwift forums?

Zwift forum is free. Just because you don’t eat at a resturant doesn’t mean you can’t look at the menu.

3 Likes

How is Rouvy working out. I emailed them about this pricing and it falls on death ears

This exactly how I feel. My GF just started her free trial… Which BTW 7 days is RIDICULOUS to begin with. Meanwhile I’ve been paying Zwift since April. And the company lacks empathy and customer service, by not implementing, 1) a family plan 2) longer trial period, your first 2 days you’re fiddling with tech connections, might need an Ant+ module and aren’t aware, you might not even get 4 usable days out of it 3) multi month payment discounts, i.e., 3,6,yearly payment discounts. 4) referral credits. If they don’t show any real commitments in these areas. I will consider another platform

1 Like

Zwift doesn’t have a family plan at this moment.

Please hire some decent data scientists. This is a no brainier for increasing your overall revenue and user experience at the same time which tells me you need help in the analytics department.

New user here, knew I would have to subscribe when I got my trainer but didn’t realise my wife would need a whole new subscription in order to use it occasionally. So here’s another +1 for a couples account that is only a couple of quid more than a single account.

1 Like

+1 from me as well. We have 1 trainer, either I or my wife (would) use it, but I won’t buy a separate account for here so that she could ride 2-3 times a month. Come on Zwift, this is a no brainer!

I’ve been using Rouvy for 4 months now and really like it. One of the best thing about it is the price. My wife and I were Zwift subscribers but she really doesnt’ ride that much and at $360 per year, it didn’t make much sense to contine with Zwift. Rouvy’s membership was $120 (yearly) which includes a total of 3 family members. I’ve only used 2 platforms (Rouvy & Zwift) and there are pro’s and con’s with each but at a savings of $240 I’ll probably stick with Rouvy.

My hubby and I are new to ZWIFT and would like to join a FAMILY plan to use. I was disappointed to see you don’t offer one. Why? You’d get a lot more business if you did. Just saying’ :wink:

1 Like

Please add a Family plan! You’d get waaaay more business if you do. My hubby and I are new to ZWIFT and were surprised you didn’t offer a family plan. Please consider it! Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve just bought a trainer and am trying to decide which service to sign up to. Zwift was top of my list, but this feature alone is making me now sign up with Rouvy instead. Out of curiosity, all of the people on this thread who have moved to Rouvy how are you finding it?

I for one give it a thumbs up. There are pro’s and cons with each platform but for me it boiled down to savings, $240 a year to be exact. Each platform offers free trials, so I would take advantage of that. If you do try Rouvy, I would suggest hiding your avatar for a better viewing experience.

1 Like

Really impressed with Rouvy Clare. Far prefer riding in real world scenes than Watopia. More and more people getting fed up of Zwift’s greed and complacent disregard for their users. Only reason to keep using Zwift is for racing but even that will move away, if you think their attitude to sorting out family plans is bad you should see the state of the races…

2 Likes

Exactly the same boat here, now setting up a Rouvy account - thanks for the steer.

1 Like